Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: For those of you with sufficient musical taste to appreciate the Stones

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Their best and my favourite. Beggars Banquet is two great songs and 8 fillers. Prodigal Son and Salt of the Earth being slightly better than filler I suppose.

In contrast, Sticky Fingers is two great songs and several pieces of highly underrated genius. Specifically, You Gotta Move, Moonlight Mile, I Got the Blues and Dead Flowers.
    How can anyone not love moonlight mile?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Netflix has a new documentary called Crossfire Hurricane. Takes you through their entire history with a large number of photos and clips that I had never seen before.

Most excellent.
    Funny enough I was listening to a Them album last night and thunk to myself that if Van had have sang for the stones they'd have been twice the band.Silly to imagine I know but there ya go

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Funny enough I was listening to a Them album last night and thunk to myself that if Van had have sang for the stones they'd have been twice the band.Silly to imagine I know but there ya go
    Yes, but the band would've split up after about two weeks due to him being a total and utter cùnt, c.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, but the band would've split up after about two weeks due to him being a total and utter cùnt, c.
    A fine point,well made, it has to be said.The point being the whole subject is errmmmm subject to different peoples likes and dislikes.No such thing as a **** song or a great song.They are either a great song in your mind or not and it is impossible to make someone like something they don't.Apart from anal obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Surely, Gimme Shelter, must rank as having one of the all time best intro's... ever ?
    Actually the only truly essential thing they ever did, imo. Some of the rest is alright though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Actually the only truly essential thing they ever did, imo. Some of the rest is alright though.
    I've played it at gigs on dozens of occasions.Don't think I have once ever played it right through to the end though