Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you with sufficient musical taste to appreciate the Stones

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be honest, I find The Faces a bit dull. Just a bit pub/wedding band, really.
    Great minds etc

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Even their biggest fan would surely admit the songs lack depth and heft? Good working class fun and all that but it's hardly music for the ages is it. Pub rock with a great singer who wisely went solo at the first opportunity.
    Quite possibly, yet twice the band the Stoines were

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Mate, you work in academia. That simply can’t be true?
    I dont, not really. I must admit I meant silliest statement regarding music.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Novelty act who spent a whole career wishing they could be half as good as The Faces.
    Oh do be quiet you querulous old stoat. "Sympathy For the Devil". There you see c. I've made you look ridicules with a simple song title.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh do be quiet you querulous old stoat. "Sympathy For the Devil". There you see c. I've made you look ridicules with a simple song title.
    "I Should Be So Lucky" was a catchy pop song as well, h, but wasn't really to my taste.

Each to his own; you like that sort of thing, Westlife and The Osmonds and Paul Weller. Bit of Cliff Richard at christmas? Fine. I'm not one to judge you, I just don't fancy it myself.

"I Should Be So Lucky" was a catchy pop song as well, h, but wasn't really to my taste.

Each to his own; you like that sort of thing, Westlife and The Osmonds and Paul Weller. Bit of Cliff Richard at christmas? Fine. I'm not one to judge you, I just don't fancy it myself.
    What on earth is your problem with The Osmonds man?

CRAY-ZEH HAW-SES....WHAAAAAA!!! WHAAAAA!!!!!! CRAY-ZEH HAW-SES

As edgy a piece of rock 'n roll as ever hit the charts c. I don't suppose 'Dancing in the Dark' is a pop song then?

Stop being a big pudding about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    What on earth is your problem with The Osmonds man?

CRAY-ZEH HAW-SES....WHAAAAAA!!! WHAAAAA!!!!!! CRAY-ZEH HAW-SES

As edgy a piece of rock 'n roll as ever hit the charts c. I don't suppose 'Dancing in the Dark' is a pop song then?
    'Dancing In The Dark' is indeed a pop song. There is nothing wrong with pop songs. I rather like some pop songs. They're not my favourite genre, though, nor do they constitute Great Music.

I'm going to level with you about the Osmonds; I prefer Jimmy's solo work.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Stop being a big pudding about it.
    I'm sorry Comrade I agree with you I realise now that I misspoke due to failing to check my privilege you're absolutely correct please don't send me back to the camps!

You know you're exhibiting the very musical snobbishness you so readily mock in others, don't you?