Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you with sufficient musical taste to appreciate the Stones

For those of you with sufficient musical taste to appreciate the Stones

Netflix has a new documentary called Crossfire Hurricane. Takes you through their entire history with a large number of photos and clips that I had never seen before.

Most excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Netflix has a new documentary called Crossfire Hurricane. Takes you through their entire history with a large number of photos and clips that I had never seen before.

Most excellent.
    Novelty act who spent a whole career wishing they could be half as good as The Faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Novelty act who spent a whole career wishing they could be half as good as The Faces.
    If you're going to stir, make the coffee at least vaguely palatable.

Ignoring the obvious ones, favourite lesser known Stones song. For me this is very difficult as there are so many but I'll go with:

Sweet Virginia

I don’t think one can really dislike the Stones. They’re alright. Not great, not terrible, just... alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don’t think one can really dislike the Stones. They’re alright. Not great, not terrible, just... alright.
    Meh. Jagger's preening is almost as irritating as that of Mercury and... don't you think, with all that undoubted talent, (Keef), it's criminal that they failed to leave us with a heaving mass of Great Songs?

Meh. Jagger's preening is almost as irritating as that of Mercury and... don't you think, with all that undoubted talent, (Keef), it's criminal that they failed to leave us with a heaving mass of Great Songs?
    They stuck to a very simple formula and never really tried to innovate. Jagger’s act is just that. If it didn’t work, someone as bright and calculating as him woukd have changed it.

That’s the thing, really. The Stones have been a cynical money-making machine for so long, it’s difficult to remember that they might have been something else once upon a time.

Exit on Main Street and Let it Bleed are the only two I own/possess. Actually think I have some kind of Greatest Hits covering a certain early period.

Some stone cold absolute classics it must be said.

Wd Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Exit on Main Street and Let it Bleed are the only two I own/possess. Actually think I have some kind of Greatest Hits covering a certain early period.

Some stone cold absolute classics it must be said.

Wd Stones.
    Beggar’s Banquet is my favourite. Exile on Main Street - like all double albums - would have been a great single album.

They stuck to a very simple formula and never really tried to innovate. Jagger’s act is just that. If it didn’t work, someone as bright and calculating as him woukd have changed it.

That’s the thing, really. The Stones have been a cynical money-making machine for so long, it’s difficult to remember that they might have been something else once upon a time.
    Clever bloke Mick, did he not insist his Daughters did their A levels despite being paid loads as Models?

Yep - it's weird. They are an act whose best days were before even we were born, b. Maybe not WES who might actually be in his 60s. No idea what they were like as a new act (save video footage etc). Probably a bit like when S Club 7 came through to challenge Steps I reckon