Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good morning Awimb. I need a device where I can plug the washing machine

The self tappers are excellent but if it goes wrong you have pierced your pipe and water is pissing everywhere. Many people have no idea where their stopcock even is turn it all off.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    We have to enter your privvies in order to unblock them b. A jobby will not extricate itself from the u-bend.
    Yes, but I die a little inside whenever a tradesman asks if he can use my lavatory. I know that the working classes - being little better than chimps - can't be trusted to behave hygienically when performing their bodily functions and half expect to go in there afterwards to find excrement smeared all over the walls.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-29-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    The self tappers are excellent but if it goes wrong you have pierced your pipe and water is pissing everywhere. Many people have no idea where their stopcock even is turn it all off.
    Yes, but in the more likely event that one is successful, one glows with pride in the knowledge of having denied some unwashed homunculus a vastly inflated fee which he would doubtless have used to buy Turkey Twizzlers for his whey-faced children or to take his ragged slattern of a wife out to dinner at Frankie & Benny's (or somewhere equally ghastly) prior to mounting her.

thanks for this info. Very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You'd be amazed at the lengths I'll go to to keep the working classes out of my house, h.

Some of them even ask to use the lavatory, you know
    My neighbour, who I've had an extremely stand-offish relationship with since we moved here, came to our door the other morning clutching his stomach and asking if he could use our loo as their flusher had broken

What was interesting was how the tension that had clouded our relationship seemed to wash away in an instant as I became overwhelmed with empathy for the man.

Shítting really is a great leveller, isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    My neighbour, who I've had an extremely stand-offish relationship with since we moved here, came to our door the other morning clutching his stomach and asking if he could use our loo as their flusher had broken

What was interesting was how the tension that had clouded our relationship seemed to wash away in an instant as I became overwhelmed with empathy for the man.

You see, I'd have hated that. I'd have had to say yes out of conditioned politeness, but I'd never have been able to forgive him.

Did it smell?

Yes, but in the more likely event that one is successful, one glows with pride in the knowledge of having denied some unwashed homunculus a vastly inflated fee which he would doubtless have used to buy Turkey Twizzlers for his whey-faced children or to take his ragged slattern of a wife out to dinner at Frankie & Benny's (or somewhere equally ghastly) prior to mounting her.
    Ans stickin' up her arse no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

So this man, we assume suffering the indignity of diorrhea, broke his toilet and then knocked on your door and asked to use yours?

I'd have **** in my sink before losing my self-respect in such a manner.

Anyway, if his flush had broken why didn't he just use buckets of water to flush?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    So this man, we assume suffering the indignity of diorrhea, broke his toilet and then knocked on your door and asked to use yours?

I'd have **** in my sink before losing my self-respect in such a manner.

Anyway, if his flush had broken why didn't he just use buckets of water to flush?
    I must admit, so would I. And a good point about the buckets.

The thing I really don't like is the implied moral blackmail of him clutching his stomach. He's basically saying 'Either you say yes or I shït myself right here'.

You see, I'd have hated that. I'd have had to say yes out of conditioned politeness, but I'd never have been able to forgive him.

Did it smell?
    Oh I was not happy, but it did serve to end the frostiness between us. We even chatted about the footy the other day.

To my great relief and surprise, there was absolutely no stench, despite him having an appearance that would give you every reason to believe his shíts absolutely honk.