Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Good morning Awimb. I need a device where I can plug the washing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Good God, no! I went to public school, for God's sake!

Working class, indeed! The very idea.

Does that automatically defines you as not working class? I never understand these things
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Does that automatically defines you as not working class? I never understand these things
    Bloody right it does! Otherwise what on earth is one paying for?

I have never really understood the intangible concept of class in the UK.

You for example presumably need to work, in order to be able to live your life, so surely you are working class?

As is the Dutch Irish mongrel chap in the motor trade who likes to present himself as being in some way superior to the ordinary man in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I have never really understood the intangible concept of class in the UK.

You for example presumably need to work, in order to be able to live your life, so surely you are working class?

As is the Dutch Irish mongrel chap in the motor trade who likes to present himself as being in some way superior to the ordinary man in the street.
    Having to work has nothing to do with being working class, sw. Do you find me with my hands down a u-bend, scaffolding, plastering or shovelling shít? No. Why not? Because those are occupations for the working classes.

I am middle class. I sit in an office tapping out deathless prose on a keyboard or having meetings. These are things middle class people do.

But you are aprt |Irish so you are 1 step away from offering to re-lay my drive....... in other words, working class
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Having to work has nothing to do with being working class, sw. Do you find me with my hands down a u-bend, scaffolding, plastering or shovelling shít? No. Why not? Because those are occupations for the working classes.

I am middle class. I sit in an office tapping out deathless prose on a keyboard or having meetings. These are things middle class people do.
    fs - this is turning into the Frost Report

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    But you are part Irish so you are 1 step away from offering to re-lay my drive....... in other words, working class
    As am I - this was my family home until the late 50s - probably a long way from working class I would say
    22401510_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    As am I - this was my family home until the late 50s - probably a long way from working class I would say
    22401510_1.jpg
    Squatters can still be working class la... and since you weren't born in the 50's or 60's I think that negates your defence Guilty as charged

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Squatters can still be working class la... and since you weren't born in the 50's or 60's I think that negates your defence Guilty as charged
    I'm fairly sure people here would argue about the "working" bit, p

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'm fairly sure people here would argue about the "working" bit, p
    Good point... I intend to pretend I am working until they catch me out and I have to take an early pension
    Last edited by Pokster; 11-29-2017 at 03:38 PM.