Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I miss Alex Song. Xhaka is better but Song had a certain something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, I would undoubtedly have instantly seen him as my responsibility. And rehabilitating alcoholics is a well known path to a happy and contented life, isn't it?
    A raging alcoholic and gambling addict? Surrounded by a range of valuable, unlicensed motor vehicles? Within easy reach of Star Lane? What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Indeed.Just because he's now an alky tramp doesn't mean he should be excluded from any "legends" list
    He once tried to swap chairs with me. Now, he was one of my favouritest ever players but I had a feeling he had broken his so it was a no go

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I don't remember anyone being scared of him - he was far too diffident to inspire fear. In fact, I remember watching him bounce off Michael Essien in one of the many games where Chelsea soaked up our 'pressure' for 90 minutes and still emerged as 2-0 winners.
    No they did dude. You're misremembering. Okay, Essien was a somewhat exceptional case, because he had the mentality of a shark. Others, or should I say white folks: fear.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    No they did dude. You're misremembering. Okay, Essien was a somewhat exceptional case, because he had the mentality of a shark. Others, or should I say white folks: fear.
    You're thinking of L.T., rather than young Alex Dimitri Song Billong.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

No they really didn't

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    No they really didn't
    What the hell. Look at you with your beer mug avatar. Your brain is a sponge, to which no remembrances can be summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    You're thinking of L.T., rather than young Alex Dimitri Song Billong.
    Lawrence Taylor?

Lawrence Taylor?
    Ranked #3 in the list of greatest NFL players of all time? Possibly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHC15HYwJ5Q