Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I miss Alex Song. Xhaka is better but Song had a certain something.

I miss Alex Song. Xhaka is better but Song had a certain something.

For one thing, you felt like the opposing players were afraid of him. A positive quality.

http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-cont...g-West-Ham.png

If anyone looks at me like this on the subway, I look the other fvcking way. :-/

I was a bit disappointed when he was sold and we never really got an explanation.

When he first got into the side he was hopeless but after a couple of seasons of playing him and costing us many points things finally clicked only for Wenger to sell him.

Rumour was Wenger wasn’t happy with the attitude of some of the players so used Song to send a message out

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    For one thing, you felt like the opposing players were afraid of him. A positive quality.

If anyone looks at me like this on the subway, I look the other fvcking way. :-/
    I don't remember anyone being scared of him - he was far too diffident to inspire fear. In fact, I remember watching him bounce off Michael Essien in one of the many games where Chelsea soaked up our 'pressure' for 90 minutes and still emerged as 2-0 winners.

rash challenges just outside our area?
    Hollywood passes trying to find RvP when a simple one would do?
    out-muscled by the likes of Jenas and Lennon?

I'd rather have Denilson, thank you very much...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Funnily enough, I was musing on this just the other day. When it comes to playing through the lines, we've never really replaced Alex Song.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Funnily enough, I was musing on this just the other day. When it comes to playing through the lines, we've never really replaced Alex Song.
    For me, he's one of those chaps who I forget played for us almost as soon as he left. Indeed, as I recall, it was sometimes possible to forget he played for us when he was actually playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I'd rather have Denilson, thank you very much...
    Steady on, IUFG, I mean we need to be reasonable here

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Steady on, IUFG, I mean we need to be reasonable here
    Denilson had the best bum of any Arsenal player, ever. Proper perky, it was.

Possibly even a rival to Joey Barton's.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    You fúcking cock.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You fúcking cock.
    gpwm imo .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”