Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's for lunch brother

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Certainly white onion. And in thick slices to as to induce an amount of eye-watering whilst munching. Any other humans are welcome to smell my breath, but I advise them to keep their distance.
    Thick slices of onion are de rigeur imo. Nothing worse than a cheese and onion sammwich with mingey little bits of diced onion in it. You might as well grate the cheese or something equally foolish, ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Jesus Christ. I wouldn't even send my kids into school with this as a packed lunch.

Have a bit of fúcking pride man. At least get crisps!
    Crisps? Are you quite sane? All that salt and fat? Wasted calories? My God, I'd rather inject mercury into my veins.

Crisps? Are you quite sane? All that salt and fat? Wasted calories? My God, I'd rather inject mercury into my veins.
    Come now Dutch, one has to live a little and the body needs both salt and fat.

Wee bag of Tayto never killed a man, in your case it will be the 30+ years of cigarettes and alcohol abuse.

Crisps can elevate any sandwich from ordinary to enjoyable, there is a very good reason why cafes and other establishments put a few on the plate.

Have gay crisps if it makes you feel better, or superior.

Come now Dutch, one has to live a little and the body needs both salt and fat.

Wee bag of Tayto never killed a man, in your case it will be the 30+ years of cigarettes and alcohol abuse.

Crisps can elevate any sandwich from ordinary to enjoyable, there is a very good reason why cafes and other establishments put a few on the plate.

Have gay crisps if it makes you feel better, or superior.
    I confess a soft spot for a packet of Smiths salt and shake, but they definitely have no place in a cheese and onion sandwich. A cheese sandwich is transformed into a thing of joy and wonder by the addition of crisps, but once onion has been added to the 'wich, the crisps need to be served very much on the side.

I don't make the rules. Don't blame me.

I confess a soft spot for a packet of Smiths salt and shake, but they definitely have no place in a cheese and onion sandwich. A cheese sandwich is transformed into a thing of joy and wonder by the addition of crisps, but once onion has been added to the 'wich, the crisps need to be served very much on the side.

I don't make the rules. Don't blame me.
    What about pickle then, where do we stand on this as an addition?

Branston if you will.

What about pickle then, where do we stand on this as an addition?

Branston if you will.
    Not a fan, personally, but I have no objection to another chap adding pickle to hsi cheese sandwich. I reiterate, of course, that if onion has been paired with the cheese, no further addition is permissable. I include mayonnaise, mustard and lettuce in this embargo.

Cheese and onion. That is the sandwich. Cheese and onion. Nothing more.

true say. .
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    true say. .
    ty, i. I suspect that, in law, adding crisps to a cheese and onion sandwich is grounds for a written warning?

ty, i. I suspect that, in law, adding crisps to a cheese and onion sandwich is grounds for a written warning?

summary dismissal, followed by public execution, sc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

In the interest of full disclosure here I don't think I have ever had one.

Cheese & onion pasty fron Greggs yes, cheese & onion crisps of course. A sandwich, no.