Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Burnley fans were raging about many of the decisions.

Burnley fans were raging about many of the decisions.

Stoke fans in disguise, howling with fury at every decision that doesn't go their way.

Could be a tough visit every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Stoke fans in disguise, howling with fury at every decision that doesn't go their way.

Have you ever been to Burnley, a? I'd be raging if I had to live there.

The tendency of a team's fans to 'rage' is in direct proportion to how unpleasant their town, city or area is imo.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-27-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Raging for ages over a perfectly timed tackle by Xhaka. From what I saw and read on Twitter, Mason was letting Burnley players get away with everything

I can't stand them and love beating them this way every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Have you ever been to Burnley, a. I'd be raging if I had to live there.

The tendency of a team's fans to 'rage' is in direct proportion to how unpleasant their town, city or area is imo.
    Been twice, the infamous 2-0 FA Cup win with the big kick-off afterwards was particularly good fun

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Raging for ages over a perfectly timed tackle by Xhaka. From what I saw and read on Twitter, Mason was letting Burnley players get away with everything
    The weirdest one was just before half time.
    Ramsey gets waffled mid air and he gives Burnley a free kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Have you ever been to Burnley, a? I'd be raging if I had to live there.

I've been to Bury, and that was rather grim. I expect they are more or less the same.

I've been to Bury, and that was rather grim. I expect they are more or less the same.
    Yes. Shītty Lancastrian mill towns that begin with 'B' do tend to merge into one. Bury, Burnley, Bolton, Blackburn...all shítholes.

Someone wrote an interesting article in the early 2000s about how nasty it was going up there for a football match; something to do with the culture being founded in bitterness and resentment left over from the miners' strike.

I'm ot sure if it was about Burnley, Bradford, Barnsley or Blackburn, but I suppose they're all much of a muchness.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I expect Mason was correctly interpreting the rule that Arsenal don't like it up 'em on a cold wet afternoon in Lancashire.