Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I've just purchased a Bosch combi drill with two batteries for £40.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm a BBQ shopping this weekend for the new gaff.

Am I correct in saying you recently purchased a Kamado Joe?
    If you want to make your food taste burnt, m, just buy some barbeque sauce...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes. Well two years ago I did.

If you're interested in grilling sausages and burgers, whilst the Kamado Joe will do so beautifully, it would be a dridiculously expensive choice. You'd be far better off with a Weber kettle. The Kamado Joe really comes into its own when you use it for smoking, or for low and slow cooking, or for cooking pizzas at 450 degrees, that sort of thing.
    Oh no, smoking and slow cooking is very much part of my thinking.

Probably looking at a £700-800 budget.

Are there slightly more affordable brands that do something similar?

Oh no, smoking and slow cooking is very much part of my thinking.

Probably looking at a £700-800 budget.

Are there slightly more affordable brands that do something similar?
    I don't know, for me it was a choice between Kamado Joe and Big Green Egg but I think they're about the same price.

I wouldn't reject the Kamado for the sake of a couple of hundred quid... it will last you a lifetime. I'm just re-commissioning mine for the summer and noticed that the ceramic firebox has a crack in it, so I emailed them to ask for a price for a replacement and they just sent me a new one. Terrific customer service, Clive.

I don't know, for me it was a choice between Kamado Joe and Big Green Egg but I think they're about the same price.

I wouldn't reject the Kamado for the sake of a couple of hundred quid... it will last you a lifetime. I'm just re-commissioning mine for the summer and noticed that the ceramic firebox has a crack in it, so I emailed them to ask for a price for a replacement and they just sent me a new one. Terrific customer service, Clive.
    Pain in the arse to clean, or not too bad?

Pain in the arse to clean, or not too bad?
    Easy peasy. When you’ve finished cooking, open all the vents and let the remaining charcoal fire right up. The interior temperature will go to 4 or 500 degrees and clean everything.

Easy peasy. When you’ve finished cooking, open all the vents and let the remaining charcoal fire right up. The interior temperature will go to 4 or 500 degrees and clean everything.
    Tbh, my Webber gas bbq goes up to 450c when I put all the burners on and close the lid. Then give it a quick brush down and you’re all set.

I quite like it if a few black bits are left for next time

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Tbh, my Webber gas bbq goes up to 450c when I put all the burners on and close the lid. Then give it a quick brush down and you’re all set.

I quite like it if a few black bits are left for next time
    Moron. Cretin, even.

I seem to remember quite the debate on here back in the day for the gas vs bbq choice. At the time I was on the gas side of the argument, thankfully I am now firmly over to the light side.

If I wanted to cook with gas, I'd go to my kitchen and cook, you know, with gas...

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post
    I seem to remember quite the debate on here back in the day for the gas vs bbq choice. At the time I was on the gas side of the argument, thankfully I am now firmly over to the light side.

If I wanted to cook with gas, I'd go to my kitchen and cook, you know, with gas...
    It's the convenience of cooking with gas, you know, outside, in the sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Maravilloso Marvo View Post

It should be a crime.

When a man cooks outside he is closer to God than at any other point in his life. He is as one with all of creation, tuned into nature's neural network.

Charcoal is his conduit to this state of nirvana.