Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I totally imagining it, or was the fact that one of the London Bridge terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Son of a second rate plumber who I expect has already been featured on the BBC Rogue Traders?

Cosmic.
    To be fair, sw, we've no evidence that h was anything other than a top-class jobby-botherer.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    To be fair, sw, we've no evidence that h was anything other than a top-class jobby-botherer.
    To be fair to s b, a functioning brain in that particular discipline is something of a hindrance and my heart was never really in it.

I am rather worried however by S's uses of the word cosmic. Is he a bit of a six counties version of Withnail do you suppose?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    To be fair to s b, a functioning brain in that particular discipline is something of a hindrance and my heart was never really in it.

I am rather worried however by S's uses of the word cosmic. Is he a bit of a six counties version of Withnail do you suppose?
    Oh, I don't know. Some of these chaps seem awfully clued-up about all the pipes and valves and water pressures and gubbins.

Be honest, though, it was the Poles who undercut you and drove you out, wasn't it?

Oh, I don't know. Some of these chaps seem awfully clued-up about all the pipes and valves and water pressures and gubbins.

Be honest, though, it was the Poles who undercut you and drove you out, wasn't it?
    They used to put that juice on the pipe and heat it up and it smelled nice. What was that stuff called?

Maybe it was gas fitters actually. Same thing, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They used to put that juice on the pipe and heat it up and it smelled nice. What was that stuff called?

Maybe it was gas fitters actually. Same thing, I suppose.
    I once had a chap spend most of a day in my loft trying to work out how my pipes worked. He was getting awfully cross about something or other.

I once had a chap spend most of a day in my loft trying to work out how my pipes worked. He was getting awfully cross about something or other.
    Ah, the almost incandescent rage of a tradesman as he swears and gets angry, almost blaming you the Householder for the original placing of pipes, the original wiring etc, the garage mechanic who will almost give out to you because your car is French.

Of course a lot of it is just a whizz to try and make the job appear more difficult and thus an excuse to raise the price.

Just fix it you ****, I have things to be getting on with, television to watch etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Ah, the almost incandescent rage of a tradesman as he swears and gets angry, almost blaming you the Householder for the original placing of pipes, the original wiring etc, the garage mechanic who will almost give out to you because your car is French.

Of course a lot of it is just a whizz to try and make the job appear more difficult and thus an excuse to raise the price.

Just fix it you ****, I have things to be getting on with, television to watch etc.
    I think it was the fact that he'd quoted us a price for the job and it took him far longer than it should have because the previous householder had put all the piping in in a distinctly non-standard way. He was effectively losing money doing this job for us.

I think it was the fact that he'd quoted us a price for the job and it took him far longer than it should have because the previous householder had put all the piping in in a distinctly non-standard way. He was effectively losing money doing this job for us.
    I feel sorry for the Dutcher who hosted my brothers wedding in the 'Dam.Gave him an upfront price for all grub and booze.Poor bastárd lost a fortune

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I feel sorry for the Dutcher who hosted my brothers wedding in the 'Dam.Gave him an upfront price for all grub and booze.Poor bastárd lost a fortune
    I assume he emerged a sadder and wiser Dutchman with a far greater understanding of the Irish capacity for drink?

I assume he emerged a sadder and wiser Dutchman with a far greater understanding of the Irish capacity for drink?
    Our kid can speak fluent gabbledegook b,he didn't realise there were 40 Irishers coming