Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Coolest footballer ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Oh dear c. I fear SW is about to descend upon you like some wrathful avenging celtic warrior. Good luck.
    He admitted himself that he's never experienced a real Spurs game and has no understanding of the level of hatred and violence that used to be connected with the game before it became all safe and antiseptic on the late 80s.

You can't expect the bloke to comprehend a culture he never saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Too short. Too Argentinian.
    Tiny winkie

Tiny winkie
    trawling the pink websites, h?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

He admitted himself that he's never experienced a real Spurs game and has no understanding of the level of hatred and violence that used to be connected with the game before it became all safe and antiseptic on the late 80s.

You can't expect the bloke to comprehend a culture he never saw.
    Well then blast his eyes and damn him! I had always just assumed he was echte. Does he even know that we were the de-facto irish club in the 70's and could have conceivably fielded a team of 11 tater' scoffers?

Pissed, h. He was pissed.

I did the Highbury tour with him. He was like an angel in human form. Sadly, many of the people on the tour were JCLs like sw, and so didn't understand much of his sparkling repartee. "I got on very well with Denis Hill-Wood," he said. "We went to the same school." Deadpan, just like that.

Also, he was sound when referring to Spurs. "That shower of shít up the road that call themselves a football club."

A Great Man.
    I felt similar when meeting the other Charlie - and his rant when someone suggested United were a far better team than us (which at the time they certainly weren't) was so memorable

Are you bullying me over my lifestyle choices iu?

Well then blast his eyes and damn him! I had always just assumed he was echte. Does he even know that we were the de-facto irish club in the 70's and could have conceivably fielded a team of 11 tater' scoffers?
    Lord no, in the 1970s he was living in his mud-floored shack with his mother and 28 siblings; they had no use for newspapers other than to gawp at the pictures enclosing their chips, for reading was a mysterious and suspicious magic to them. Television had been seen in the larger settlements, but electricity had not yet reached sw's hovel. He freely admits he had never heard of us until he got off the banana boat at Fishguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I felt similar when meeting the other Charlie - and his rant when someone suggested United were a far better team than us (which at the time they certainly weren't) was so memorable
    It's amazing that he's such a proper Arsenal man, isn't it?

It's amazing that he's such a proper Arsenal man, isn't it?
    Yes. Says a lot about his relationship with the supporters as much as anything. Imagine if he played today - booed out of the club by ****s like WES the first game he failed to score a goal

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yes. Says a lot about his relationship with the supporters as much as anything. Imagine if he played today - booed out of the club by ****s like WES the first game he failed to score a goal
    It doesn't bear thinking about.

What would a current Arsenal crowd make of Perry Groves, I wonder?