Thread: Coolest footballer ever?

Maradona - FACT

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Maradona - FACT
    Too short. Too Argentinian.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Of course the answer is always Socrates
    Peter Beardsley. Obv.

And, Bob Mortimer's impression of him in Athletico Mince is genius.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

In general this entire conversation is pointless and useless without the input of Jorge.

We all know and accept that the generic suggestions of Cruyff or Socrates or Best or whoever would be swept aside by a lesser known Serie B or Chilean Primera B player.

This is a fact.

Anyway, who or what is cool?

Some people on here wear cowboy boots FFS and yet feel qualified to identify cool.

In the name of Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Some people on here wear cowboy boots FFS and yet feel qualified to identify cool.
    you must out this deviant, immediately, sw.

I can't be arsed to trawl back through posts, tbh
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've got better fingers.

All ten of them.

I cried when I met Charlie George, h. He gave me a cuddle.
    When I managed to get an invite to Robert McAlpine's suite at the Emirates I was told there would be a very good chance of meeting him. I mean really meeting him and sitting down to pre-match dinner with him.

I was going to ask him about the period before he left for Derby when Bertie Mee stubbornly benched him every week and was he aware of the "We want Charlie" cries from the North Bank and the "Bertie Mee's a deaf man" chants. In addition to prostrating myself before him and calling him my Liege of course.

He never made it that day c. he was unwell

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    In general this entire conversation is pointless and useless without the input of Jorge.

We all know and accept that the generic suggestions of Cruyff or Socrates or Best or whoever would be swept aside by a lesser known Serie B or Chilean Primera B player.

This is a fact.

Anyway, who or what is cool?

In the name of Jesus!
    I agree. Cowboy boots are nothing without an original Ronnie van Zant Hi-Roller.

https://shoptexashatters.com/ronnievanzant.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    When I managed to get an invite to Robert McAlpine's suite at the Emirates I was told there would be a very good chance of meeting him. I mean really meeting him and sitting down to pre-match dinner with him.

I was going to ask him about the period before he left for Derby when Bertie Mee stubbornly benched him every week and was he aware of the "We want Charlie" cries from the North Bank and the "Bertie Mee's a deaf man" chants. In addition to prostrating myself before him and calling him my Liege of course.

He never made it that day c. he was unwell
    Pissed, h. He was pissed.

I did the Highbury tour with him. He was like an angel in human form. Sadly, many of the people on the tour were JCLs like sw, and so didn't understand much of his sparkling repartee. "I got on very well with Denis Hill-Wood," he said. "We went to the same school." Deadpan, just like that.

Also, he was sound when referring to Spurs. "That shower of shít up the road that call themselves a football club."

A Great Man.
    Last edited by Sir C; 11-23-2017 at 01:18 PM.

A Great Man.
    he was our host when we did a 'corporate' in that little box next to the Clock End at THOF.

Charming bloke. Dislikes Spurs with an admirable level of passion

Pissed, h. He was pissed.

I did the Highbury tour with him. He was like an angel in human form. Sadly, many of the people on the tour were JCLs like sw, and so didn't understand much of his sparkling repartee. "I got on very well with Denis Hill-Wood," he said. "We went to the ame school." Deadpan, just like that.

Also, he was sound when referring to Spurs. "That shower of shít up the road that call themselves a football club."

A Great Man.
    Oh dear c. I fear SW is about to descend upon you like some wrathful avenging celtic warrior. Good luck.