Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: There are lot of people this morning saying that one of Jamie Bulger's killers being

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ok, so that is your moral stance. How should it be punished?
    Impossible to answer. I think our moral framework needs to be fine-tuned first.

We can start by acknowledging that free will is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    On a more serious note, what is intent? On a purely primal level, if you punch someone in anger, in the moment of doing it, theres every chance you do want them dead - on at least a notional level. Is that 'intent to kill'? How do we make windows into men's souls to make such a fine judgment?
    I gather legal people bring things like conspiracy into it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

My Coutts card doesn’t have contactless, so I get to annoy people in the queue twice

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    On a related note, people generally speaking are weird when it comes to ethics. If someone moderately drink drives and gets away with it, they'll be considered little more than naughty scamps. yet if someone moderately drink drives and kills a kid, the opprobrium goes through the roof. Why? The 'crimes' were identical on a moral level.
    It's not about ethics, I think. It's simply that we're a nation of pirates, blackguards, violent drunks and scoundrels. And, most importantly, proud of it.

So when such questions arise, the major part of us will instinctively side with the weaker, more vulnerable party, the underdog.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."