Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May I be the first to congratulate James Vince on what was a most marvellous innings.

May I be the first to congratulate James Vince on what was a most marvellous innings.

So very unlucky to be runout like that and I'm sure he'll be immensely frustrated.

Still, bodes well for the rest of the series if he can find some form. He is a wonderful stroke-maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    So very unlucky to be runout like that and I'm sure he'll be immensely frustrated.

Still, bodes well for the rest of the series if he can find some form. He is a wonderful stroke-maker.
    You could probably do it in a way that makes you sound less of a **** but yes sounds like a fine knock. Aussie pitches may well suit him, still wouldn't trust him at an overcast Headingley in May. And I don't think he was unlucky to be run out - in fact getting run out taking an ill-judged single on the first day of a Test match should be a hanging offence really

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    You could probably do it in a way that makes you sound less of a **** but yes sounds like a fine knock. Aussie pitches may well suit him, still wouldn't trust him at an overcast Headingley in May. And I don't think he was unlucky to be run out - in fact getting run out taking an ill-judged single on the first day of a Test match should be a hanging offence really
    Well that was rude.

I think a single was there. There are ill-judged singles that end in runouts and there are occasions when you have to say that the fielding deserved it. He could take another 50 singles like that and be fine each time.

Well that was rude.

I think a single was there. There are ill-judged singles that end in runouts and there are occasions when you have to say that the fielding deserved it. He could take another 50 singles like that and be fine each time.
    Yes it was - sorry it's been a long night, r . I will say I am impressed that you picked out Malan and Vince to be called up to the England squad last summer which looked very unlikely at the time. Are you sure you aren't an England selector?

F'ing stupid is what it is!

Yes it was - sorry it's been a long night, r . I will say I am impressed that you picked out Malan and Vince to be called up to the England squad last summer which looked very unlikely at the time. Are you sure you aren't an England selector?
    I managed to make it through to lunch. I was enjoying Stoneman's dogged and rather unattractive innings. His timing was out and the runs were drying up but he stuck at it well.

Highlight of the first session was Hazlewood chucking the ball at Vince for no particular reason and Vince responding with two fours.

I dont like Cummings. That face, that ****ing stupid tash. ****er.

Not sure why they have been drivelling on about how quick they are. 88/89 with hardly any balls up at 90. Good, but nothing special.

Well that was rude.

Well there obviously wasn't a single there as he was run out. If he'd hesitated at all then i would agree with you but if you are relying on a fielder not hitting the stumps then there isn't a run there
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Hear, hear. It was a cretinous run to take in the circumstances. He's very much an Australian-style batsman for me. A tendency to plant his foot straight down the wicket and play in-out, often away from the body. Straight up-and-down wickets like Australia (and the Kookaburra ball, of course) suit him, but I imagine he nicks off with alarming regularity in England or anywhere else where there;s lateral movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I managed to make it through to lunch. I was enjoying Stoneman's dogged and rather unattractive innings. His timing was out and the runs were drying up but he stuck at it well.

Highlight of the first session was Hazlewood chucking the ball at Vince for no particular reason and Vince responding with two fours.

I dont like Cummings. That face, that ****ing stupid tash. ****er.

Not sure why they have been drivelling on about how quick they are. 88/89 with hardly any balls up at 90. Good, but nothing special.
    I liked Stoneman. It's a while since we've had our own, Gary Kirsten-style dogged and unattractive left-hander.

Apologising on AWIMB? Straight I'm afraid. Off you go.