Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: May I be the first to congratulate James Vince on what was a most marvellous innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I dont really understand how you can play the shot. How do you control a drive with your hands that far away from your head and body?

Its disgusting, that's what it is....

I thought Cook's dismissal was a bit ****e. He seems to be playing that a long way ahead of himself.
    If you can trust the bounce, have a good enough eye and the bloody thing's not going to deviate, you can just play on length and get away with it.

Trescothick, after all, had a decent test career by simply planting his foot straight down the wicket and just thumping the bloody thing.

Cook's always a candidate for that if you can get the ball in the right place early in his innings.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Not quite. Two wickets when you're four down (and dont have Stokes) is a bit different to two quick wickets when you're two down.

It may be a low-scoring game, in which case 300 would be a decent first innings knock. I'd prefer to see both sides bat on it before deciding on that.

My favourite bit was when the edge off Vince clanged out of Tim Paine's iron gloves. It's a shame it wasn't more costly a drop for them, but still.
    The best wicketkeeper in Australia (who doesn't even keep for his state side)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The best wicketkeeper in Australia (who doesn't even keep for his state side)
    There was a certain joyous inevitability about him shelling it, wasn't there?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    There was a certain joyous inevitability about him shelling it, wasn't there?
    Yep - probably make up for it with the bat though