Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I approached a roundabout to turn right this morning and

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    What's wrong with that. I dreaded North London Derbies even when we were good. Now that we're average and Spurs are OK, they're horrible.
    Sw is one of those ****ing weirdos who loves the North London Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    So basically 'don't hold my own words against me because I am unreliable'.

Not convinced your helping yourself here, Monty. When in a hole and all that...
    Actually, this is not my point. If he'd have looked a little "harder" he may well have found examples of me talking up Arsenal's credentials as challengers when most others believed we had no chance. In fact I remember a particular post from a recent season where I actually wrote that it is impossible to deny that we are involved in a title challenge (despite patchy form) and I was basically laughed off the board.

Point being, I am happy to concede that Spurs have challenged in recent times. My contention is that if they have, we have too.

Big Girls Blouse is a very sexist comment
    Which is why I like it

Ryan Shawcross is a Big Girls Blouse
    Ray Clemence too
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Sw is one of those ****ing weirdos who loves the North London Derby.
    They're pure torture until the final whistle.

What's wrong with that? I dreaded North London Derbies even when we were good. Now that we're average and Spurs are OK, they're horrible.
    I genuinely think a chap who cannot enjoy the NLD and all that surrounds it is in the wrong sport.

It is everything that following a football team should be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Actually, this is not my point. If he'd have looked a little "harder" he may well have found examples of me talking up Arsenal's credentials as challengers when most others believed we had no chance. In fact I remember a particular post from a recent season where I actually wrote that it is impossible to deny that we are involved in a title challenge (despite patchy form) and I was basically laughed off the board.

Point being, I am happy to concede that Spurs have challenged in recent times. My contention is that if they have, we have too.
    We were, without question, part of the title race in 15/16. This is what made our form from February onwards so disappointing. Dropping points in silly games like Swansea at home, Palace at home, West Ham and Sunderland away during the run in.

Entering the last 7 or 8 games we should have been right on their tail and the massive frustration is that we werent. Then Spurs overtook us and anger turned to fury, despair and, in some cases, panic.

Steve is right
    Monty is physically sick at the thought of an upcoming NLD
    Ergo Monty is a in the right sport
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

They're pure torture until the final whistle.
    Exactly. I have never enjoyed a single minute of any of them. Even when we win I am just glad it is over.

Imagine supporting Celtic or Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    We were, without question, part of the title race in 15/16. This is what made our form from February onwards so disappointing. Dropping points in silly games like Swansea at home, Palace at home, West Ham and Sunderland away during the run in.

Entering the last 7 or 8 games we should have been right on their tail and the massive frustration is that we werent. Then Spurs overtook us and anger turned to fury, despair and, in some cases, panic.
    We actually should have won it in 15/16 and simply bottled it when we saw the finish line. That was why it was probably the most upset I've been by an overall Arsenal season. The fact that we picked up form as soon as we knew we couldn't win made it particularly sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I genuinely think a chap who cannot enjoy the NLD and all that surrounds it is in the wrong sport.

It is everything that following a football team should be about.

Nonsense. If you used to enjoy dodging the fighting in the streets and on the terraces whilst worrying that Hoddle, Crooks Hazard and Falco were going to tear us a new hole, there's something very wrong with you.