Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I approached a roundabout to turn right this morning and

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    We actually should have won it in 15/16 and simply bottled it when we saw the finish line. That was why it was probably the most upset I've been by an overall Arsenal season. The fact that we picked up form as soon as we knew we couldn't win made it particularly sickening.
    Certainly matches my recollection. It was the loss at home to Swansea that pissed me off royally. We bottled it the minute we went in front, completely went to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Nonsense. If you used to enjoy dodging the fighting in the streets and on the terraces whilst worrying that Hoddle, Crooks Hazard and Falco were going to tear us a new hole, there's something very wrong with you.
    I would say you have never fought on a street in your life you big Dutch gay.

I attended my first NLD in 1987 at their place and in the intervening period have never been involved in violence of any sort a the event, or on the day of the event. That is not to say it does not happen of course.

I love it for the atmosphere, the edge if you will, the mere fact that the crowd is up for it compared to 36 other games a season.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

I attended my first NLD in 1987 at their place and in the intervening period have never been involved in violence of any sort a the event, or on the day of the event. That is not to say it does not happen of course.

I love it for the atmosphere, the edge if you will, the mere fact that the crowd is up for it compared to 36 other games a season.
    1987?

Paddy Come Lately.

1987?

Paddy Come Lately.
    Year I moved over. Not a whole lot I can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

I recount a tale of him fighting with a stranger on the streets of Twickenham, iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I recount a tale of him fighting with a stranger on the streets of Twickenham, iirc.
    Oh, yes. He jumped on him at the train station It all sounded most undignified.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, yes. He jumped on him at the train station It all sounded most undignified.
    You can fúck off as well.

Steve
    Was your first NLD at WHL in 1987
    a) the 100th NLD where we won 2-1 ?
    b) the 2nd Leg of the Littlewoods Cup semi-final where we won 2-1 ?
    c) the Littlewoods Cup semi-final replay where we won 2-1 ?
    d) the October league match where a blow-up doll was passed around the Gooners to mock David Pleat and with early goals we won 2-1 ?

Asking for a friend
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

You can fúck off as well.
    You said as much at the time, as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Steve
    Was your first NLD at WHL in 1987
    a) the 100th NLD where we won 2-1 ?
    b) the 2nd Leg of the Littlewoods Cup semi-final where we won 2-1 ?
    c) the Littlewoods Cup semi-final replay where we won 2-1 ?
    d) the October league match where a blow-up doll was passed around the Gooners to mock David Pleat and with early goals we won 2-1 ?

Asking for a friend
    No, I am thinking more Sept 87, 3-2 win at their place.

They would have had Gascoigne by this point.