Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I approached a roundabout to turn right this morning and

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Bus drivers use Box junctions as short stay car parks
    Bus drivers as a species ought to be gassed. They are all totally evil in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I think most people end up in box junctions after slighty encroaching, panicking, banking on the traffic ahead moving off and moving deeper into the box junction and then realising you're fúcking stuck there. Fairly easily done, in my experience.

Oh and just because I've responded to you in a civil way, do not think I've forgotten our earlier conversation in which you were not only wrong, but also a proper dick about it.
    He handed your arse to you, Monty old bean.

Take it like a man and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    . . . . . . .
    You great poof, Herb.

I deliberately refused to signal at a roundabout going home last night just because of Berni. And as I did it, I said to myself, so the person wanting to enter might have to wait an additional second. Big deal. Tosser.

I think most people end up in box junctions after slighty encroaching, panicking, banking on the traffic ahead moving off and moving deeper into the box junction and then realising you're fúcking stuck there. Fairly easily done, in my experience.

Oh and just because I've responded to you in a civil way, do not think I've forgotten our earlier conversation in which you were not only wrong, but also a proper dick about it.
    when in Rome...

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    He handed your arse to you, Monty old bean.

Take it like a man and move on.
    Ok, digging up my old post was a nifty move, I grant you. But I don't think it was the zinger he (or you) like to believe. I am, after all, notorious for being a major drama queen prone to absurd hyperbole and it's no surprise to find me in just such a frenzy at a time when Spurs were in with a shout of winning the league.

Ok, digging up my old post was a nifty move, I grant you. But I don't think it was the zinger he (or you) like to believe. I am, after all, notorious for being a major drama queen prone to absurd hyperbole and it's no surprise to find me in just such a frenzy at a time when Spurs were in with a shout of winning the league.
    To be fair I have seen you in a frenzy of fear and nerves simply leading up to a NLD.

So basically 'don't hold my own words against me because I am unreliable'.

Not convinced your helping yourself here, Monty. When in a hole and all that...

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    To be fair I have seen you in a frenzy of fear and nerves simply leading up to a NLD.
    What's wrong with that? I dreaded North London Derbies even when we were good. Now that we're average and Spurs are OK, they're horrible.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-22-2017 at 02:29 PM.

you see, I didnt dig it out as such. I knew it was there because I remember you being a big pussy about it at the time, just like the rest of us.

I didnt dig it out to embarrass you. It was to illustrate the point that, whatever the final table said, there was a moment there where it genuinely looked terrifyingly likely. Had they beaten West Brom, god knows what would have happened.

Benefit of hindsight, it required Leicester to collapse and wasnt all that likely. The coolness at a distance is as inaccurate as the panic of the time. Somewhere in the middle is about the right pitch.

In other words, you were wrong then, you're wrong now, and I am right.

And I was being nice about it. I left out the part of the post where you admitted to ****ing a man.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    So basically 'don't hold my own words against me because I am unreliable'.

Not convinced your helping yourself here, Monty. When in a hole and all that...
    He has always admitted to being a great big girl's blouse when it comes to Spurs. It is nothing to be ashamed of and is, to me, the natural reaction.