Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: I approached a roundabout to turn right this morning and

The story is that after Hayes skied that one into the North Bank in the Everton 2nd leg that Winterburn was given the responsibility
    Unfortunately the next time we got a penalty was at Wembley
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I had a friend from Luton at University who mocked me for three years for that game. I was quite resentful until I visited Luton and realised that since the poor chap had suffered that, he deserved some joy.
    Fair enough really - we've had a few good days out since then as well. Absolutely ****ing hated Luton for years after though. Useful airport though

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Fair enough really - we've had a few good days out since then as well. Absolutely ****ing hated Luton for years after though. Useful airport though
    it was the first big disappointment I was old enough to fully understand. Still, sandwiched between beating Liverpool the previous year and then Anfield 89....I learned to live with it

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    it was the first big disappointment I was old enough to fully understand. Still, sandwiched between beating Liverpool the previous year and then Anfield 89....I learned to live with it
    I remember us losing to West Ham in 1980 and feeling that this event was in direct contravention of the way the universe was supposed to operate.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-22-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember us losing to West Ham in 1980 and feeling that this event was in direct contravention of the way the universe was supposed to operate.
    West Ham followed by Valencia Followed by being beaten by Boro 5-1 to miss out on Uefa Cup qualification, followed by Brady leaving and you listen to the whiny ****s like WES today. They know nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    West Ham followed by Valencia Followed by being beaten by Boro 5-1 to miss out on Uefa Cup qualification, followed by Brady leaving and you listen to the whiny ****s like WES today. They know nothing
    Standing on the terraces at the Heysel on crutches was particularly fun. On a schoolnight, as well. AND I had to travel with the supporters club weirdos.