Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Approximately 18 months ago I, World's End Stella, went on an extensive youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Look, we all know you know **** all about football and are a vile driver who would happily cause an accident if you woke in a bad mood.... comes form driving on the LHS in the states at a guess, muddles the brain.
    Pssst - before anyone notices you might want to change that. They drive on the RHS in the States, it's England that drive on the LHS.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    By the time they are on youtube it is too late.
    Right. You need to scout them on FIFA.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    In fact, I have never said this. I have said that City's ability to sign players that we cannot does not excuse our lack of signings nor our inability to challenge for the league or the CL on a reasonably consistent basis.
    So we should regularly be as good as a club who have unlimited power to recruit better players than us in every position. By us I mean Arsenal not Spurs.

You sound like the kind of person who doesn't use their indicator and then laughs at the people it inconveniences and endangers.

Everyone has weaker purchasing power than City. So, I will give you Chelsea as an answer. Give me two years and I will probably add Spurs as well.
    Wait, in two years you will contend that Spurs have 'challenged for the league or CL on a reasnoably consisitent basis'?

That doesn't make any sense, since they won't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Can you name any other clubs that have weaker purchasing power than City that have challenged for the league or CL on a reasonably consistent basis?
    The money-making side of things has been very good; it's our actual football that's not been good enough.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    For those of us who are relative novices to watching the Ashes, what are the timings? How late do I have to stay up to watch the first 10 overs or so and how early do I have to get up to watch the last 10?
    Midnight start in the UK - 1am here Should go on til about 7.30ish but gets dark quickly in Queensland plus rain scheduled for the afternoon. I've taken Friday off so I can sit in the pub all night and watch day 2

Everyone has weaker purchasing power than City. So, I will give you Chelsea as an answer. Give me two years and I will probably add Spurs as well.
    It's also a stupid, loaded question, precisely the sort that Monty - with his Wenger blankie wrapped around his shoulders - is likely to ask.

If Leicester can win the league, and Liverpool can come within touching distance, then Arsenal should be able to challenge consistently. His question also ignores how much Arsenal could spend if we had a manager capable of and willing to do it. I point to this past summer's transfer window as yet another example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So we should regularly be as good as a club who have unlimited power to recruit better players than us in every position. By us I mean Arsenal not Spurs.

You sound like the kind of person who doesn't use their indicator and then laughs at the people it inconveniences and endangers.
    Yes, if you ignore the part of the mission statement about improving players. You know, making stars rather than buying them

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Wait, in two years you will contend that Spurs have 'challenged for the league or CL on a reasnoably consisitent basis'?

That doesn't make any sense, since they won't have.
    But but but - they managed to match what Hannover and Stuttgart have done in recent weeks and beat European powerhouse Dortmund - they is the bestest, sir c

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    But but but - they managed to match what Hannover and Stuttgart have done in recent weeks and beat European powerhouse Dortmund - they is the bestest, sir c
    An amazing result, to be sure. I expect that's why they hammered us at home at the weekend, is it?

Oh.