Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Approximately 18 months ago I, World's End Stella, went on an extensive youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’ve realised that I’m simply too old now to stay up half the night watching the ashes They shall just have to get on with it without me, I’m afraid.

Also, we’re gonna get gubbed.
    Half their batting line-up is injured though

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    In fact, I have never said this. I have said that City's ability to sign players that we cannot does not excuse our lack of signings nor our inability to challenge for the league or the CL on a reasonably consistent basis.
    Who is this Leon whatshisname chap then? why is he perfect for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Is this the summer that Sane went to City?

Yeah, that purchase would have been a piece of piss wouldn't it.

Anyway, as you say, we had the Ox then. Now we have Iwobi. And even if we didnt, we have an average side with a clueless manager who would ruin any young player he got his hands on.

So it doesnt really matter, does it.

Anyway, the ashes starts tonight....
    And the French international Ousmane Dembele who went to Dortmund that summer? Do you think that Arsenal with their renowned French manager and their financial power might have been able to sign him? Hmmm?

The rest of your post I quite like.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Half their batting line-up is injured though
    Its our batting that is the concern. I dont like the sound of their bowling attack at all. Pace, bounce, etc. **** that for a laugh....

In fact, I have never said this. I have said that City's ability to sign players that we cannot does not excuse our lack of signings nor our inability to challenge for the league or the CL on a reasonably consistent basis.
    Can you name any other clubs that have weaker purchasing power than City that have challenged for the league or CL on a reasonably consistent basis?

And the French international Ousmane Dembele who went to Dortmund that summer? Do you think that Arsenal with their renowned French manager and their financial power might have been able to sign him? Hmmm?

The rest of your post I quite like.
    We were busy almost signing the kid at Monaco.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Who is this Leon whatshisname chap then? why is he perfect for us?
    Box to box midfielder to use a cliché, loads of talent from what I saw. Put him next to someone like Kante or Matic and you would have the perfect 4231 midfield two.

I suggest youtube, Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Can you name any other clubs that have weaker purchasing power than City that have challenged for the league or CL on a reasonably consistent basis?
    Everyone has weaker purchasing power than City. So, I will give you Chelsea as an answer. Give me two years and I will probably add Spurs as well.

Box to box midfielder to use a cliché, loads of talent from what I saw. Put him next to someone like Kante or Matic and you would have the perfect 4231 midfield two.

I suggest youtube, Peter.
    So we would just need a Magic or a Kante and we would be all set. I assume this chap is going to cost upwards of 50-60 million?

By the time they are on youtube it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’ve realised that I’m simply too old now to stay up half the night watching the ashes They shall just have to get on with it without me, I’m afraid.

Also, we’re gonna get gubbed.
    For those of us who are relative novices to watching the Ashes, what are the timings? How late do I have to stay up to watch the first 10 overs or so and how early do I have to get up to watch the last 10?