Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Approximately 18 months ago I, World's End Stella, went on an extensive youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Inexperienced (in Cummins case) and injury prone (all three pacemen with scant back up). Please don't believe the hype, P. As Mike Atherton pointed out when commenting on the Australian's assertion that this was Australia's best Ashes bowling attack ever (yes, really) - combined their three pacemen have 605 fewer test wickets than Broad and Anderson
    But.... there was talk of 90mph and seam movement..... I dont like this.

I cant quite believe some of the **** I have read. Describing a batting line up that, at that point, contained Cook, Root, Bairstow, Moeen and Stokes as the 'worst to ever tour Australia' was utterly ridiculous. Were they not watching cricket in the 90s?

I dont think talent is the issue. Its their ability to hang around all day and turn a 350 into a 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Two seasons ago they finished below us, so we must have been closer to challenging for the title than them
    But you know that isn't true. You were here, you must remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Isn't it enough to say that we should consistently perform better than we do?
    Yes, I think that's pretty much what I have said and I fail to see how anyone who is objective and even slightly intelligent can't agree.

If you're one of the ten richest clubs in the world you should be challenging for your domestic league most years, not every year, but most of them. How can anyone not agree with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    He "spotted" them by looking at names we were linked with on gossip pages, i wouldn't exactly say that makes him a possible scout
    It's all the same thing nowadays, even for professionals. After all, they mostly get their information from Google, same as everyone else, before passing it on to Wenger.

Thing is, there's no such thing as an unknown, potential hundred million pound superstar footballer that nobody has ever heard of. And even if there is, everyone on the internets would've already heard of him.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Saying you think they will challenge but won't win it is a total oxymoron. If you think they'll challenge, by definition it means you think there's no reason why they can't win it.
    In fact it isn't an oxymoron at all as challenging for something is not the same as winning it. There is no contradiction whatsoever in stating that you think a side will challenge for the title but that somebody else will win it.

You should note that I didnt say they couldn't win it. I said I thought they wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yes, I think that's pretty much what I have said and I fail to see how anyone who is objective and even slightly intelligent can't agree.

If you're one of the ten richest clubs in the world you should be challenging for your domestic league most years, not every year, but most of them. How can anyone not agree with that?
    The issue is when the nine richer clubs are as catered across each competition you want to challenge for.

We should have won the league, or at least got ****ing close, the year Leicester won it. THat was piss poor. In truth we have not put in a serious title challenge for donkeys years and that isn't good enough.

I wouldn't expect us to be up there every year but by the same token we shouldn't fail to challenge every year.

But you know that isn't true. You were here, you must remember it.
    We were still considered to be in the race that season without 6 or 7 games to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    We were still considered to be in the race that season without 6 or 7 games to go.
    Not by me

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

Of one of the 10 richest clubs in the world.. how many others are also English?? So I would have thought the ability to challenge must also depend on what the other clubs in your league are also generating money wise?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

In fact it isn't an oxymoron at all as challenging for something is not the same as winning it. There is no contradiction whatsoever in stating that you think a side will challenge for the title but that somebody else will win it.

You should note that I didnt say they couldn't win it. I said I thought they wouldn't.
    Only if you have a very confused idea about what "challenging" means. Perhaps you can provide your definition and then I can better help explain why you are wrong