Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Approximately 18 months ago I, World's End Stella, went on an extensive youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    An amazing result, to be sure. I expect that's why they hammered us at home at the weekend, is it?

Oh.
    Amazing how Kane and Alli were poor at the weekend because they weren't match fit but were sensational last night - those three days must have been interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So we should regularly be as good as a club who have unlimited power to recruit better players than us in every position.
    No, I did not say this.

Although you could make an argument that had we ditched Wenger when we should have that we had a very good chance at Guardiola and we might very well be just as good as City or anyone else right now. Sadly, we'll never know as the one thing Arsenal haven't had for many years and won't have until Wenger leaves is hope.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Pssst - before anyone notices you might want to change that. They drive on the RHS in the States, it's England that drive on the LHS.

Notice you picked up on that but didn't bother to correct that you know f all about football... from that I take it you are now admitting that fact Guilty as charged
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    An amazing result, to be sure. I expect that's why they hammered us at home at the weekend, is it?

Oh.
    They have challenged for the title in the last two seasons (even if not entirely convincingly). I think they will challenge for it again and not win it over the next two years. Hence the my previous post.

Clearly, if they don't then I wont make the claim. I think I was fairly clear on that initially.

Obviously they are still **** and ****s, whatever they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Notice you picked up on that but didn't bother to correct that you know f all about football... from that I take it you are now admitting that fact Guilty as charged
    So even a guy who knows **** all about football can spot players that we are missing?

Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    They have challenged for the title in the last two seasons (even if not entirely convincingly). I think they will challenge for it again and not win it over the next two years. Hence the my previous post.

Clearly, if they don't then I wont make the claim. I think I was fairly clear on that initially.

Two seasons ago they finished below us, so we must have been closer to challenging for the title than them

So even a guy who knows **** all about football can spot players that we are missing?

Oh dear.
    He "spotted" them by looking at names we were linked with on gossip pages, i wouldn't exactly say that makes him a possible scout
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Its our batting that is the concern. I dont like the sound of their bowling attack at all. Pace, bounce, etc. **** that for a laugh....
    Inexperienced (in Cummins case) and injury prone (all three pacemen with scant back up). Please don't believe the hype, P. As Mike Atherton pointed out when commenting on the Australian's assertion that this was Australia's best Ashes bowling attack ever (yes, really) - combined their three pacemen have 605 fewer test wickets than Broad and Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, I did not say this.

Although you could make an argument that had we ditched Wenger when we should have that we had a very good chance at Guardiola and we might very well be just as good as City or anyone else right now. Sadly, we'll never know as the one thing Arsenal haven't had for many years and won't have until Wenger leaves is hope.
    Isn't it enough to say that we should consistently perform better than we do?

Saying you think they will challenge but won't win it is a total oxymoron. If you think they'll challenge, by definition it means you think there's no reason why they can't win it.