Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Approximately 18 months ago I, World's End Stella, went on an extensive youtube

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, I did not say this.

Although you could make an argument that had we ditched Wenger when we should have that we had a very good chance at Guardiola and we might very well be just as good as City or anyone else right now. Sadly, we'll never know as the one thing Arsenal haven't had for many years and won't have until Wenger leaves is hope.
    Isn't it enough to say that we should consistently perform better than we do?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Isn't it enough to say that we should consistently perform better than we do?
    Yes, I think that's pretty much what I have said and I fail to see how anyone who is objective and even slightly intelligent can't agree.

If you're one of the ten richest clubs in the world you should be challenging for your domestic league most years, not every year, but most of them. How can anyone not agree with that?

Yes, I think that's pretty much what I have said and I fail to see how anyone who is objective and even slightly intelligent can't agree.

If you're one of the ten richest clubs in the world you should be challenging for your domestic league most years, not every year, but most of them. How can anyone not agree with that?
    The issue is when the nine richer clubs are as catered across each competition you want to challenge for.

We should have won the league, or at least got ****ing close, the year Leicester won it. THat was piss poor. In truth we have not put in a serious title challenge for donkeys years and that isn't good enough.

I wouldn't expect us to be up there every year but by the same token we shouldn't fail to challenge every year.

Of one of the 10 richest clubs in the world.. how many others are also English?? So I would have thought the ability to challenge must also depend on what the other clubs in your league are also generating money wise?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Of one of the 10 richest clubs in the world.. how many others are also English?? So I would have thought the ability to challenge must also depend on what the other clubs in your league are also generating money wise?
    True but only to the extent that you fall into Monty's trap of trying to excuse Wenger's performance by believing that money is the only factor. Money helps but as Leicester proved, there are many other factors, many other ways to be successful.

I guess the point really is that if you are one of the ten richest clubs you have enough money that it isn't an excuse.