Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel about kidneys?

How do you feel about kidneys?

I remember the first time I ever ate the rognons de veau au sauce moutarde. It was back in the days when I would train with L'Equipe de Voltige; at a stage in Blois I worked particularly hard one day on negative flicking and was advised by my teammates at dinner that to replace lost energy, the kidneys were more or less essential.

My life may be said to have truly started when I first tasted the rognons.

RognonVeauBeauge50.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I remember the first time I ever ate the rognons de veau au sauce moutarde. It was back in the days when I would train with L'Equipe de Voltige; at a stage in Blois I worked particularly hard one day on negative flicking and was advised by my teammates at dinner that to replace lost energy, the kidneys were more or less essential.

RognonVeauBeauge50.JPG
    Now kidneys are a thing where I love the flavour, but struggle with the texture. The rich, uriney tang is very special indeed, but the often somewhat grainy mouth-feel troubles me.

RognonVeauBeauge50.JPG
    They are probably in better condition than my liver tbf

RognonVeauBeauge50.JPG
    Kidney is also fùcking revolting imo. As is to be expected of a thing that has been marinaded in piss for the whole of its life. Texture is foul too.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Now kidneys are a thing where I love the flavour, but struggle with the texture. The rich, uriney tang is very special indeed, but the often somewhat grainy mouth-feel troubles me.
    I can't place this texture of which you speak. I rather enjoy bursting the hardened outer layer, enabling the pink mushiness within to ooze out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Kidney is also fùcking revolting imo. As is to be expected of a thing that has been marinaded in piss for the whole of its life. Texture is foul too.
    I like 'em rare, a. With plenty of coriander.

RognonVeauBeauge50.JPG
    Deeply deeply repugnant

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Deeply deeply repugnant
    Psssst, h! He's also boasting about flying, btw.

'Negative flicking' indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Psssst, h! He's also boasting about flying, btw.

'Negative flicking' indeed!
    D'you know I still suffer with flicker's wrist? It's 10 years since I flicked anything, possie or neggie.

I can't place this texture of which you speak. I rather enjoy bursting the hardened outer layer, enabling the pink mushiness within to ooze out.
    And for fuxake man, can you not even make a simple post about fúcking offal without crow-barring in a tenuous reference to your old flying exploits?