Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: DrivingWIMB: Do you always indicate just before you take an exit on a roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    My sister has hired a male nanny who is Gay Byrne's grandson - FACT

He is not Gay - at least he isn't called Gay
    Male nannies, though

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We've had thaose nice lads Eammon Andrews, Dave Allen and Terry Wogan. We never got your Gay Byrne though.

What's wrong with Gay Byrne?
    Could never agree a transfer fee.Typical Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's just reflex for me. After all, it's important for your own welfare, too. If you've got some idiot up your arse and you're going to slow down and turn, you need to let the prick know in plenty of time.
    As the sub-human filth that I am, I once didn't signal at all when going right on a roundabout, not the right signal as I turned or the left signal as I exited. Simply because I was in a foul mood and couldn't be bothered.

Turns out the bloke waiting to enter was a proper road rage nutter and he let loose a right volley as his eyes bulged out of his head.

Most amusing I think I might do it more often just to see the nutters react.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    As the sub-human filth that I am, I once didn't signal at all when going right on a roundabout, not the right signal as I turned or the left signal as I exited. Simply because I was in a foul mood and couldn't be bothered.

Turns out the bloke waiting to enter was a proper road rage nutter and he let loose a right volley as his eyes bulged out of his head.

Most amusing I think I might do it more often just to see the nutters react.
    You see, the problem is that you were in a foul mood and didnt indicate. You are the original 'nutter' in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You see, the problem is that you were in a foul mood and didnt indicate. You are the original 'nutter' in this story.
    Nah, difference between being lazy and slightly selfish and being a nutter.

People who do the road rage thing are nutters, driving etiquette just isn't that important.

People who do the road rage thing are nutters, driving etiquette just isn't that important.
    It's not actually etiquette, though, is it? Indicating is actually road safety and basic driving competence. If you don't indicate when turning, you are an unsafe and incompetent driver. What is more, you are almost certainly likely to be in breach of the law.

By your own admission you failed to indicate because you were in a foul mood. Your own rage led you to endanger your life and the lives of other motorists. That is road rage.

You are guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's not actually etiquette, though, is it? Indicating is actually road safety and basic driving competence. If you don't indicate when turning, you are an unsafe and incompetent driver. What is more, you are almost certainly likely to be in breach of the law.
    It depends though, doesn't it? Changing lane without indicating? Dangerous, less so if you always check it is safe first. Not indicating on a roundabout? Less so as all you're really doing is inconveniencing the person entering.

I would put the latter in the 'in breach of the law and mildly irritating but not dangerous' category. Like speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    By your own admission you failed to indicate because you were in a foul mood. Your own rage led you to endanger your life and the lives of other motorists. That is road rage.

You are guilty.
    There was no rage about it, merely indifference.

As for being guilty, so is anyone who breaks the speed limit.

There was no rage about it, merely indifference.

As for being guilty, so is anyone who breaks the speed limit.
    Foul mood+offence committed= road rage.

I dont make the rules