Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DrivingWIMB: Do you always indicate just before you take an exit on a roundabout

DrivingWIMB: Do you always indicate just before you take an exit on a roundabout

so that other road users know your intention and know - for instance - whether or not they can emerge safely or are you subhuman filth who deserves summary roadside execution?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    so that other road users know your intention and know - for instance - whether or not they can emerge safely or are you subhuman filth who deserves summary roadside execution?

Asking for a friend.
    Personally I place zero faith in any person's indicators.This is why I have never once had a car accident.Apart that time time Sir Charlie almost killed me but I don't like to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Personally I place zero faith in any person's indicators.This is why I have never once had a car accident.Apart that time time Sir Charlie almost killed me but I don't like to talk about
    Obviously, people who indicate that they're going to turn, but then blithely carry on past the exit are lethally dangerous and are going to hell. However, every morning I sit at this two-lane roundabout on the way to work cursing at people who don't indicate for the exit before mine, but then turn anyway, meaning I could have emerged safely but due to their idiocy, selfishness and thoughtlessness, wasn't able to.

I literally want them all dead.

Asking for a friend.
    If someone is waiting to enter I almost always signal, otherwise never. I feel this might make me human filth although it could be worse, I suppose.

Here's an interesting one. You enter a roundabout to turn right, there are already people on the roundabout as there is a traffic light just after and traffic has backed up. The right exit has only one lane, who has the right of way as you go to exit?

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    If someone is waiting to enter I almost always signal, otherwise never. I feel this might make me human filth although it could be worse, I suppose.

Here's an interesting one. You enter a roundabout to turn right, there are already people on the roundabout as there is a traffic light just after and traffic has backed up. The right exit has only one lane, who has the right of way as you go to exit?
    http://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/chang...or-roundabouts

now, people who approach a roundabout in the left hand lane of 2 and turn right. no better than kiddie-fiddlers imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

'Almost' always, eh?

Subhuman filth, I'm afraid. Condemned out of your own fingers.

Asking for a friend.
    Yes, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yes, I do.
    Good chap, psrb. I never doubted you for a minute.

Good chap, psrb. I never doubted you for a minute.
    My current (since 1995) bugbear is people taking full size bikes on rush hour trains, even worse is people with ****ing fold up bikes who don't ****ing fold the ****ing things up!!

'Almost' always, eh?

Subhuman filth, I'm afraid. Condemned out of your own fingers.
    Hardly a surprise, b