Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Also, presumably Spurs' 10-year anniversary of no trophies will be given the same

Also, presumably Spurs' 10-year anniversary of no trophies will be given the same

attention as ours, or is it less embarrassing because they've gone through about 300 managers during that time?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    attention as ours, or is it less embarrassing because they've gone through about 300 managers during that time?
    No, people won't mention it too much because they aren't one of the ten richest clubs in the world so they get judged by a different standard.

I mean 'we', of course.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, people won't mention it too much because they aren't one of the ten richest clubs in the world so they get judged by a different standard.

I mean 'we', of course.
    We probably weren't one of the richest clubs in the world when we were in austerity mode, during the drought.

Yet people still judge us against Manchester City who have infinite amounts of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    We probably weren't one of the richest clubs in the world when we were in austerity mode, during the drought.

Yet people still judge us against Manchester City who have infinite amounts of money.

Hmmmm....I think they were actually judging Wenger against Wenger, the long wait for a trophy coming off the back of a period of incredible success. The only real gripe was that these comparisons never fully appreciated the quite obvious impact of the stadium on our football finances.

Spurs never win anything, aside from the odd League Cup here and there. 10 years without a trophy is not really notable.

That said, I have seen an awful lot of mentions of the fact that they really need to win something soon to underpin the football they have played in the last few years.