Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So *that’s* what it’s like to beat your vastly superior rivals despite absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Garth Crooks is on wonderfully sanctimonious form this morning but even for that thick **** this is special - commenting on Mesut Özil:

"You have to go back to the days of former Arsenal greats like Alan Ball, Charlie George and Liam Brady to see a glimpse of real genius wearing the famous cannon on their chest. But not any more."

Erm - Garth - you may have missed a few years
    Alan Ball

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Garth Crooks is actually mental, isn't he?
    undoubtedly - and he looks like a toad

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I didnt watch it but I have seen the highlights. It seems that if you field your best eleven and ask them to put some serious effort in you can achieve some pleasing results.

I wonder if we will continue this experiment, or was it just a special event for the North London derby?

If I may allow myself one tiny moan. Well, actually, two or three. Five, in total.

THe constant whining about the free kick got on my nerves a little. Firstly, its a free kick- not a penalty, not a guy clean through on goal, not a free hit. A free kick 30 yards out. Defend it and shut up. It is not, of itself, a game changing moment.

Secondly, Dean clearly indicates that he gave it for some kind of shirt-pulling/ holding att he shoulder, by tapping his shoulder repeatedly and tugging at it. So why did the pundits keep re running the second part, the actual tackle, and saying 'I cant see a foul there'.

THirdly, Mustafi is not 'clearly offside'. If he is offside at all it is by an inch at shoulder. So marginal as to fall under serious doubt.

Fourthly, Lacazette is not offside for the second goal. THere is no debate, nor controversy. He is onside.

Finally, why was Pocchetino moaning about Xhaka getting a second yellow? I saw no such incident.
    I think he felt Xhaka should have had one a few minutes before, in which case he probably wouldn't have made the one he did get a card for. There was also a little tug on shirt midway through 2nd half which was given as a foul but no spurs player appealed for anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Perhaps they record the opening salvo in real time, if they know it'll be a top-billed game, and add the rest on afterwards. Most MOTD commentary seems fake to me. He was shouting about the 'controversial' free kick a bit too much in real time to sound credible. It did look a decent shout for a foul in real time.

There's no doubt in my mind that MOTD often post-records its commentary for some games. Apart from anything, the sound quality is usually completely different. However, they normally only do it for shïtty games between teams nobody gives a shít about.

I watched the last 15 minutes. Some admirable defending and a wonderful save from Cech. Quite enjoyable. A poor header from Bellerin nearly cost us and there were two counter attacks where Ozil was clearly exhausted. I also saw Coquelin play himself into trouble and then buy a foul with some clever body movement- very nice.
    Ramsey falling over twice nearly cost us! Get some proper studs, lad!

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I think he felt Xhaka should have had one a few minutes before, in which case he probably wouldn't have made the one he did get a card for. There was also a little tug on shirt midway through 2nd half which was given as a foul but no spurs player appealed for anything more.
    So....pretty much nothing then.

I also noticed not one Spurs player claimed offside for the first goal. So it was so obvious that not a single player spotted it? Or the linesman?

Clutching at straws. When I saw the highlights I was kind of hoping it was miles offside :****er:

Alan Ball

He was the original 'covers every blade of grass' player, wasn't he?

he had a great engine - until he dropped dead of a heart attack aged 62, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ramsey falling over twice nearly cost us! Get some proper studs, lad!
    I noticed one of those. I think it resulted in a brilliant sliding block from Mustafi. Worth it

That dreadful foul by Harry Kane the one where Mike Dean did not have a clue what had happened was cut out of the highlights
    Editing cunds
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Garth Crooks is on wonderfully sanctimonious form this morning but even for that thick **** this is special - commenting on Mesut Özil:

"You have to go back to the days of former Arsenal greats like Alan Ball, Charlie George and Liam Brady to see a glimpse of real genius wearing the famous cannon on their chest. But not any more."

Erm - Garth - you may have missed a few years
    That bloke Dennis something or other was pretty good if I recall