Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So *that’s* what it’s like to beat your vastly superior rivals despite absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    And you haven't mentioned that weasel Dean giving a foul against Ozil when the defender fell over that prevented a 2 v 1 inside their box.

I used a bad word about him in front of my son.
    Eric Dier gave an interview after the game where he spoke at length about how impossible it is to get something from a game like this when the ref keeps making mistakes against you. At the end he said 'but we are not looking to make any excuses'

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Wenger said that about the game at City.

I understand there were 'howls of protest' when Lacazette was taken off. I like the sound of that. A whole section of the crowd howling...
    There was, allegedly, booing.

Leading Spurs 2-0 at home and the crowd boos a tactical substitution. #againstmodernfootball

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There was, allegedly, booing.

Leading Spurs 2-0 at home and the crowd boos a tactical substitution. #againstmodernfootball
    I watched the last 15 minutes. Some admirable defending and a wonderful save from Cech. Quite enjoyable. A poor header from Bellerin nearly cost us and there were two counter attacks where Ozil was clearly exhausted. I also saw Coquelin play himself into trouble and then buy a foul with some clever body movement- very nice.

Wenger said that about the game at City.

I understand there were 'howls of protest' when Lacazette was taken off. I like the sound of that. A whole section of the crowd howling...
    Sure, but did it go unchallenged in the media?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, I noticed the 'scrambled' comment with disbelief.

Fúck 'em, they've always hated us, from the 70s when we were 'lucky Arsenal' to the 80s and 90s when we were 'boring' (we were), then too foreign. Now it's just instinctive, kick the ársenal at every opportunity.

Fúck 'em again.
    Garth Crooks is on wonderfully sanctimonious form this morning but even for that thick **** this is special - commenting on Mesut Özil:

"You have to go back to the days of former Arsenal greats like Alan Ball, Charlie George and Liam Brady to see a glimpse of real genius wearing the famous cannon on their chest. But not any more."

Erm - Garth - you may have missed a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Garth Crooks is on wonderfully sanctimonious form this morning but even for that thick **** this is special - commenting on Mesut Özil:

"You have to go back to the days of former Arsenal greats like Alan Ball, Charlie George and Liam Brady to see a glimpse of real genius wearing the famous cannon on their chest. But not any more."

Garth Crooks is actually mental, isn't he?

Eric Dier gave an interview after the game where he spoke at length about how impossible it is to get something from a game like this when the ref keeps making mistakes against you. At the end he said 'but we are not looking to make any excuses'
    I saw that. Given the absolute state of his head and his profound stupidity and inarticulacy, are we sure Eric Dier isn't actually subnormal?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sure, but did it go unchallenged in the media?
    Pochettino got quite a kicking for his behavious in the press conference in one Sunday Times article I read - but that was by Jonathan Northcroft who is usually very good anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Wouldn't that kind of fabrication get the Beeb in hot water? Sort of thing they've been in trouble for too often over the last decade.

I doubt he would have made his comment about starting 11's with the knowledge that we would out-play, out-fight and out-score the Middlesex vermin.
    Perhaps they record the opening salvo in real time, if they know it'll be a top-billed game, and add the rest on afterwards. Most MOTD commentary seems fake to me. He was shouting about the 'controversial' free kick a bit too much in real time to sound credible. It did look a decent shout for a foul in real time.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Clearly, the years 1997-2005 were just too traumatic for Garth. He's suppressed them - like people do with child abuse and that.