Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So *that’s* what it’s like to beat your vastly superior rivals despite absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I did comment to a few chaps in the pub on Saturday morning that there is an awful lot of excessive nonsense written about us in the media. Yes we have the ability to be utter shíte and no we will not win the league this or perhaps any year soon but we were going into Saturday with 10 games unbeaten, or maybe 10 wins in a row, at the Emirates and that Spurs were not miles ahead on points.

Of course some of this was pre-game bravado but the gap was never as big as reported, and the reaction to their beating Madrid was as excessive as the nonsense written at times about us.
    There was a terrible one in the Times preaching how Pochettino made every player he touched better and every player now under Wenger is going backwards. To illustrate his point, the writer used the statistic of Özil assists for Real Madrid v the number he has made for Arsenal. Of course, it is considerably fewer for the latter. He made the concession that the English league may be harder - didn't mention other small factors like Cristiano Ronaldo. ****ing idiot - the writer not you

ftr it is 11 straight league wins at the Emirates (15 wins two draws in all comps since out last loss)

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Actually for the first time I see the experts saying things about spurs that they usually say about us.
    such our record against top 4 teams.
    Yes, it was rather funny watching Spurs transform from the mighty slayers of Real Madrid who fart lightning, shït thunder and generally represent all that's great about English football into a bunch of underachievers who never beat any of their top six rivals in the space of a couple of hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    how many of this arsenal 11 would get into the Tottenham team." Then, 10 minutes into to match when we had calmly and efficiently passed the ball out of defence, he claimed we had 'scrambled' the ball out.

The MOTD edit of the match was also clearly contrived to make it look as though Tottenham had all the possession and chances - someone at MOTD clearly does not like us. What gave it the lie was Shearer saying how brilliant we had been. They can't manipulate and edit the post match analysis...yet.

AND! - since when does a referee allow an exrta minute to the standard two minutes of injury time at half time? When it's Mike '****yBollox' Dean and Tottenham are in possession, that's when."
    Yes, I noticed the 'scrambled' comment with disbelief.

Fúck 'em, they've always hated us, from the 70s when we were 'lucky Arsenal' to the 80s and 90s when we were 'boring' (we were), then too foreign. Now it's just instinctive, kick the ársenal at every opportunity.

Fúck 'em again.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    zero chance of finishing above them at the end of the season.

Well, all things considered, it still felt half-decent, didn’t it?
    I didnt watch it but I have seen the highlights. It seems that if you field your best eleven and ask them to put some serious effort in you can achieve some pleasing results.

I wonder if we will continue this experiment, or was it just a special event for the North London derby?

If I may allow myself one tiny moan. Well, actually, two or three. Five, in total.

THe constant whining about the free kick got on my nerves a little. Firstly, its a free kick- not a penalty, not a guy clean through on goal, not a free hit. A free kick 30 yards out. Defend it and shut up. It is not, of itself, a game changing moment.

Secondly, Dean clearly indicates that he gave it for some kind of shirt-pulling/ holding att he shoulder, by tapping his shoulder repeatedly and tugging at it. So why did the pundits keep re running the second part, the actual tackle, and saying 'I cant see a foul there'.

THirdly, Mustafi is not 'clearly offside'. If he is offside at all it is by an inch at shoulder. So marginal as to fall under serious doubt.

Fourthly, Lacazette is not offside for the second goal. THere is no debate, nor controversy. He is onside.

Finally, why was Pocchetino moaning about Xhaka getting a second yellow? I saw no such incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    how many of this arsenal 11 would get into the Tottenham team." Then, 10 minutes into to match when we had calmly and efficiently passed the ball out of defence, he claimed we had 'scrambled' the ball out.

The MOTD edit of the match was also clearly contrived to make it look as though Tottenham had all the possession and chances - someone at MOTD clearly does not like us. What gave it the lie was Shearer saying how brilliant we had been. They can't manipulate and edit the post match analysis...yet.

AND! - since when does a referee allow an exrta minute to the standard two minutes of injury time at half time? When it's Mike '****yBollox' Dean and Tottenham are in possession, that's when."
    It was Jonathan Pearce, wasn't it? And I may be wrong, but I got the distinct impression that that commentary was recorded post-match.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, I noticed the 'scrambled' comment with disbelief.

Fúck 'em, they've always hated us, from the 70s when we were 'lucky Arsenal' to the 80s and 90s when we were 'boring' (we were), then too foreign. Now it's just instinctive, kick the ársenal at every opportunity.

Fúck 'em again.
    Fúck 'em all
    Fúck 'em all
    United, West 'am, Liverpool
    We are the Arsenal and we are the best
    We are the Arsenal so fack all the rest!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I didnt watch it but I have seen the highlights. It seems that if you field your best eleven and ask them to put some serious effort in you can achieve some pleasing results.

I wonder if we will continue this experiment, or was it just a special event for the North London derby?

If I may allow myself one tiny moan. Well, actually, two or three. Five, in total.

THe constant whining about the free kick got on my nerves a little. Firstly, its a free kick- not a penalty, not a guy clean through on goal, not a free hit. A free kick 30 yards out. Defend it and shut up. It is not, of itself, a game changing moment.

Secondly, Dean clearly indicates that he gave it for some kind of shirt-pulling/ holding att he shoulder, by tapping his shoulder repeatedly and tugging at it. So why did the pundits keep re running the second part, the actual tackle, and saying 'I cant see a foul there'.

THirdly, Mustafi is not 'clearly offside'. If he is offside at all it is by an inch at shoulder. So marginal as to fall under serious doubt.

Fourthly, Lacazette is not offside for the second goal. THere is no debate, nor controversy. He is onside.

Finally, why was Pocchetino moaning about Xhaka getting a second yellow? I saw no such incident.
    And you haven't mentioned that weasel Dean giving a foul against Ozil when the defender fell over that prevented a 2 v 1 inside their box.

I used a bad word about him in front of my son.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

It was also pretty scandalous that their manager was allowed to get away with the assertion that they had a bunch of good chances and deserved something from the game. In fact, they were more than a little flattered by 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It was also pretty scandalous that their manager was allowed to get away with the assertion that they had a bunch of good chances and deserved something from the game. In fact, they were more than a little flattered by 2-0.
    Wenger said that about the game at City.

I understand there were 'howls of protest' when Lacazette was taken off. I like the sound of that. A whole section of the crowd howling...

Wouldn't that kind of fabrication get the Beeb in hot water? Sort of thing they've been in trouble for too often over the last decade.

I doubt he would have made his comment about starting 11's with the knowledge that we would out-play, out-fight and out-score the Middlesex vermin.