Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So *that’s* what it’s like to beat your vastly superior rivals despite absolutely

So *that’s* what it’s like to beat your vastly superior rivals despite absolutely

zero chance of finishing above them at the end of the season.

Well, all things considered, it still felt half-decent, didn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

What is with the "zero" chance comment, who has ever said this? Or are you just making **** up again
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    What is with the "zero" chance comment, who has ever said this? Or are you just making **** up again
    I think he's suggesting that there is a media-driven narrative, or concensus, if you will, that Spurs are everything that is wonderful and we are proper shíte; I would be inclined to agree with him in this matter.

I noted with amusement last week that several football journalists had stated that not a single Arsenal player would get into the Spurs first Xl; others grudgingly allowed us 1 or 2 players of sufficient quality to grace the white shirt. This is all obviously hyperbolic bóllocks, as it were, as demonstrated by Saturday's result.

That's monty's point, I think. I can't see that he's made anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think he's suggesting that there is a media-driven narrative, or concensus, if you will, that Spurs are everything that is wonderful and we are proper shíte; I would be inclined to agree with him in this matter.

I noted with amusement last week that several football journalists had stated that not a single Arsenal player would get into the Spurs first Xl; others grudgingly allowed us 1 or 2 players of sufficient quality to grace the white shirt. This is all obviously hyperbolic bóllocks, as it were, as demonstrated by Saturday's result.

I did comment to a few chaps in the pub on Saturday morning that there is an awful lot of excessive nonsense written about us in the media. Yes we have the ability to be utter shíte and no we will not win the league this or perhaps any year soon but we were going into Saturday with 10 games unbeaten, or maybe 10 wins in a row, at the Emirates and that Spurs were not miles ahead on points.

Of course some of this was pre-game bravado but the gap was never as big as reported, and the reaction to their beating Madrid was as excessive as the nonsense written at times about us.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

Actually for the first time I see the experts saying things about spurs that they usually say about us.
    such our record against top 4 teams.

The Journalists that do that do it for clicks.. works a treat, they come out with some *******s to get people up in arms and tweeting their disgust.

I didn't see anyone say we had zero chance of winning on Saturday, nobody who has any sense would say that as it is plainly *******s
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The Journalists that do that do it for clicks.. works a treat, they come out with some *******s to get people up in arms and tweeting their disgust.

I didn't see anyone say we had zero chance of winning on Saturday, nobody who has any sense would say that as it is plainly *******s
    He has employed a degree of hyperbole there to illustrate the hyperbole. It is a simple literary device.

The man is a professional writer, in the name of God. He knows this shít.

He has employed a degree of hyperbole there to illustrate the hyperbole. It is a simple literary device.
    He also has a degree in hyperbole.

Did you see the literary device I employed there?

And the ****ox who did MoTD commentary started his pre-match summary with "I wonder

how many of this arsenal 11 would get into the Tottenham team." Then, 10 minutes into to match when we had calmly and efficiently passed the ball out of defence, he claimed we had 'scrambled' the ball out.

The MOTD edit of the match was also clearly contrived to make it look as though Tottenham had all the possession and chances - someone at MOTD clearly does not like us. What gave it the lie was Shearer saying how brilliant we had been. They can't manipulate and edit the post match analysis...yet.

AND! - since when does a referee allow an exrta minute to the standard two minutes of injury time at half time? When it's Mike '****yBollox' Dean and Tottenham are in possession, that's when."

The man is a professional writer, in the name of God. He knows this shít.
    Are you saying Monty is a professional writer? I thought when his last picture book sold 72 copies he'd gone back to sucking cocks on Hampstead Heath.