Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: So *that’s* what it’s like to beat your vastly superior rivals despite absolutely

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I think he's suggesting that there is a media-driven narrative, or concensus, if you will, that Spurs are everything that is wonderful and we are proper shíte; I would be inclined to agree with him in this matter.

I noted with amusement last week that several football journalists had stated that not a single Arsenal player would get into the Spurs first Xl; others grudgingly allowed us 1 or 2 players of sufficient quality to grace the white shirt. This is all obviously hyperbolic bóllocks, as it were, as demonstrated by Saturday's result.

That's monty's point, I think. I can't see that he's made anything up.
    The Journalists that do that do it for clicks.. works a treat, they come out with some *******s to get people up in arms and tweeting their disgust.

I didn't see anyone say we had zero chance of winning on Saturday, nobody who has any sense would say that as it is plainly *******s
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The Journalists that do that do it for clicks.. works a treat, they come out with some *******s to get people up in arms and tweeting their disgust.

I didn't see anyone say we had zero chance of winning on Saturday, nobody who has any sense would say that as it is plainly *******s
    He has employed a degree of hyperbole there to illustrate the hyperbole. It is a simple literary device.

The man is a professional writer, in the name of God. He knows this shít.

He has employed a degree of hyperbole there to illustrate the hyperbole. It is a simple literary device.
    He also has a degree in hyperbole.

Did you see the literary device I employed there?

The man is a professional writer, in the name of God. He knows this shít.
    Are you saying Monty is a professional writer? I thought when his last picture book sold 72 copies he'd gone back to sucking cocks on Hampstead Heath.