Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone know anything about brewing?

It is "a small bacterial growth" caused by exposure to airspace after fermentation

Google this
    "There’s A White Scum On Top Of My Homemade Wine"
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    It actually looks quite good.
    Thank you, abr. It tasted quite nice before the scum happened, so if it retains some of that flavour, I'm quite looking forward to trying it. I don't know how to test for alcoholism, though, so I've no idea how strong it is or will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    It is "a small bacterial growth" caused by exposure to airspace after fermentation

Google this
    "There’s A White Scum On Top Of My Homemade Wine"
    Oooh, so it's definitely fermented, then? Excellent.

By the way, wasn't "There’s A White Scum On Top Of My Homemade Wine" a Police lyric?

Made a couple pints and sold it to a couple of Chelsea lads on drink driving offences who had to attend rehab classes but we’re only there to sell dope and phones for a few months.

Say what you like about the Headhunters I found them to be most trustworthy businessmen...very honorouble.

That said...

The evening before I left I obtained 50g of tobacco and told the brothers selling it (couple of ruthless lads from Brixton who were on long sentences but trusting because I managed to bump them up the laundry pecking order so they could look good for their visits) that the Millwall lads were covering the payment with an incoming heroine drop.

I was gone before by 8am the next day...

No idea how that all panned out. Didn’t even need the tobacco...gave it to someone else who was dirt poor so he could sell so he could buy a Christmas Card and send some cash for his 4yr old daughter.

Poor lad couldnt read or wrote so set him up with the English classes there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Made a couple pints and sold it to a couple of Chelsea lads on drink driving offences who had to attend rehab classes but we’re only there to sell dope and phones for a few months.

Say what you like about the Headhunters I found them to be most trustworthy businessmen...very honorouble.

That said...

The evening before I left I obtained 50g of tobacco and told the brothers selling it (couple of ruthless lads from Brixton who were on long sentences but trusting because I managed to bump them up the laundry pecking order so they could look good for their visits) that the Millwall lads were covering the payment with an incoming heroine drop.

No idea how that all panned out. Didn’t even need the tobacco...gave it to someone else who was dirt poor so he could sell so he could by a Christmas Card and send some cash for his 4yr old daughter.

Poor lad could read or wrote so set him up with the English classes there.
    This is a very touching story of prison life, t.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post

That said...

No idea how that all panned out. Didn’t even need the tobacco...gave it to someone else who was dirt poor so he could sell so he could buy a Christmas Card and send some cash for his 4yr old daughter.

Poor lad couldnt read or wrote so set him up with the English classes there.
    Let's hope Grouty doesn't find out T

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think I'm supposed to strain it and decant it into my demi-johns at some point and then leave it for a month or so before drinking it.
    Stop dipping your cock init imo

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Stop dipping your cock init imo
    Where else was I supposed to get yeast from at short notice?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Thank you, abr. It tasted quite nice before the scum happened, so if it retains some of that flavour, I'm quite looking forward to trying it. I don't know how to test for alcoholism, though, so I've no idea how strong it is or will be.
    You need to measure the gravity (density) using a Hydrometer. You need to measure it before the yeast goes in and then at regular intervals. The initial measurement tells you how much sugar is dissolved in the wort. Water is 1000 and you will usually have the gravity measure at 1025-1030, for example, when the sugars have been formed in the wort. Once you add the yeast the gravity will reduce down to around 1005 over time. The lower the better meaning your yeast has done a better job of forming alcohol and there is less sugar dissolved. The alcohol content is the difference between the initial gravity and the final gravity readings.

P.S. The scummy stuff is the activated yeast doing its thing.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman