Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raffles closing for 8 months for a refurb :-(

Raffles closing for 8 months for a refurb :-(

Where is a chap supposed to stay? Amongst the Arabs and WES's sort at Marina Bay? :shudder:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Where is a chap supposed to stay? Amongst the Arabs and WES's sort at Marina Bay? :shudder:
    ffs - has it not just opened again after a refurb?

We've been featuring this a lot if it is of any help

http://www.thewarehousehotel.com

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We've been featuring this a lot if it is of any help

http://www.thewarehousehotel.com
    That looks nice la. The thing is, when I'm out east I really want to stay in the same places I used to frequent when I was a rubber planter in Malaya in the 20s. It's a nostalgia thing.

That looks nice la. The thing is, when I'm out east I really want to stay in the same places I used to frequent when I was a rubber planter in Malaya in the 20s. It's a nostalgia thing.
    The rest of Singapore is ghastly and modern.

Go to Penang instead. Its the only solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The rest of Singapore is ghastly and modern.

Go to Penang instead. Its the only solution.
    Yes, but if I've got a meeting in Singapore and I forget my notes, it woill take ages to pop back to the E&O, won't it?

Are you sure you weren't a smuggler? I think this place would work for that

Singapore?

Never been but know people who live and have lived there and based on their feedback I would think there are plenty of really dull but very expensive places where everyone sits around thinking 'god I must be wonderful to be able to afford to be here'.

Sure you'll find a replacement

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Singapore?

Never been but know people who live and have lived there and based on their feedback I would think there are plenty of really dull but very expensive places where everyone sits around thinking 'god I must be wonderful to be able to afford to be here'.

Sure you'll find a replacement
    Nice to see you displaying your usual level of expertise in these matters.

Yes, but if I've got a meeting in Singapore and I forget my notes, it woill take ages to pop back to the E&O, won't it?
    Fly in for the day. I have done that several times.

The Intercontinental is ok. Its a nice hotel and a short walk from raffles and the 'good bit' of Singapore- the Padang, Cricket Club, City Hall etc.....

I have stayed in a few others before but they are all ****e.