Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raffles closing for 8 months for a refurb :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Where is a chap supposed to stay? Amongst the Arabs and WES's sort at Marina Bay? :shudder:
    Funny enough I watched the movie on Saturday.David Niven,who doesn't like David Niven? Probably Peter

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Funny enough I watched the movie on Saturday.David Niven,who doesn't like David Niven? Probably Peter
    Which movie c?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Which movie c?
    Raffles- 1930's jobbie.All very Rita Hayworth in the over-acting stakes as they did back in the day.But still,David Niven eh?

Raffles- 1930's jobbie.All very Rita Hayworth in the over-acting stakes as they did back in the day.But still,David Niven eh?
    He was pretty much born to play Raffles though - cheating rather than acting

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    He was pretty much born to play Raffles though - cheating rather than acting
    The Moon's A Balloon is a terrific read.Pwoper old skool Hollywood

Yep - he is pretty much in the "they don't make them like that anymore" sector

I wouldn't call myself a fan

Annoying, though. He kept referring to famous actresses he was knobbing and then not saying who they were or giving any details of their sexual proclivities. Disappointing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Annoying, though. He kept referring to famous actresses he was knobbing and then not saying who they were or giving any details of their sexual proclivities. Disappointing imo.
    I think himself and Mr Flynn did them all B