Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Apu off the Simpsons is racist, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I agree, I liked Ricicles.

I understand they got in trouble for a recent advert because their characters (basically rice crispies) lacked diversity, being all white. So they put in a brown looking one and made him the janitor
    This is correct.

ricles.jpg

To be honest, though, I wouldn't eat a brown ricicle. I'd assume it was defective or that a rogue Coco Pop had snuck into the packet in search of all the white ricicle women.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    God, but we ate so much sugar back in the day, didn't we? Orange squash, biscuits, cereal, sweets. And I was as thin as a rake as a kid, believe it or not.

Of course, this may explain why I barely have a fully-functioning tooth in my head, of course, but there we are.
    It seemed entirely normal to have three sugars in your tea. No one batted an eyelid. I suppose for the generation who lived through rationing, the sudden availability of sugar must have sent them into a frenzy...

Only Fools and Horses included several used othe word [insert racist term for asians] in referring the owner of the loca corner shop.

These are now erased from versions they show on telly, so the scene just jumps to a random sentence or laughter. This would make an episode of It Ain't Half Hot Mum around 30 seconds long, with no intro music
    There is one weird episode where Uncle Albert seems to keep overusing this phrase in the first few mins

Only Fools and Horses included several used othe word [insert racist term for asians] in referring the owner of the loca corner shop.

These are now erased from versions they show on telly, so the scene just jumps to a random sentence or laughter. This would make an episode of It Ain't Half Hot Mum around 30 seconds long, with no intro music
    It makes me sad that they removed one of the best jokes in Fawlty Towers simply because it uses verboten language.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It seemed entirely normal to have three sugars in your tea. No one batted an eyelid. I suppose for the generation who lived through rationing, the sudden availability of sugar must have sent them into a frenzy...
    I basically survived on sugar sandwiches

Coco Pops are fvcking rank and I don't care if saying that makes me racist. Tell you what I liked - Ricicles. Basically rice crispies, but coated with lovely, lovely sugar.
    I ****ing loved Ricicles

I think we've always been mad for it, tbh. The war was just a brief hiatus in our love for the stuff. I suppose it being the foundation stone of our bluewater empire probably helped in this regard.

It makes me sad that they removed one of the best jokes in Fawlty Towers simply because it uses verboten language.
    Do you mean 'n******* are the West Indians; these people are w***'

I liked the Major.

I always thought the Simpsons was a, you know, comedy show, which rather gently and charmingly mocked many apsects of mainstream US culture.

I was wrong, apparently.
    Jebus Wept. In that case I think there's a problem with almost every character. Cletus, Wiggum, Groundskeeper Willie, Barney, Fat Tony, the list is endless really.
    Better take it off air right away and airbrush it from history imo.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I ****ing loved Ricicles
    All right thinking people did, la. Also, if we're being honest, Frosties were nicer than Crunchy Nut Cornflakes because they didn't fvck about with honey and nuts, they just chucked half a kilo of sugar into every packet.