Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I reached the end of the Civil. War documentary. THe Confederacy lost. I knew it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You know that the official Best Pop Song Of All Time is The Ronettes 'Be My Baby', don't you?

That's science, mate.
    It's definitely up there.

You know that the official Best Pop Song Of All Time is The Ronettes 'Be My Baby', don't you?

That's science, mate.
    Not the best example as it was written and produced by three white people.

You are soooo racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's definitely up there.
    I saw it on a documentary, a. Someone said it. He said, "The best pop song of all time is The Ronettes 'Be My Baby'." Now, I can't remember who he was, but he was on a documentary so you can't argue with that.

He's probably right inasmuch as 'the best' of something subjective can be defined, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Incredibly sad.

Leaving aside the whole slavery/KKK/despicable racism at the very root of its society and economy, you have to sympathise with the South. The accents are fantastic, the names are cooler, the beards are better.

The union can go **** itself. Sherman was a **** and Grant a boring *******. Bobby Lee, on the other hand, was a proper ****ing dude.

Hurrah for Dixie! (Aside from the slavery bit)
    I suppose it's like our Civil War as described by 1066 And All That, whereby the Cavaliers were wrong but romantic, while the Roundheads were right but repulsive.

Same goes for the Confederacy and the Union.

Also, the Outlaw Jesse Wales was Confederate, so that'll do for me.

I saw it on a documentary, a. Someone said it. He said, "The best pop song of all time is The Ronettes 'Be My Baby'." Now, I can't remember who he was, but he was on a documentary so you can't argue with that.

He's probably right inasmuch as 'the best' of something subjective can be defined, as well.
    Sorry, but Phil Spector's history of abusing and in fact murdering women means that all his work must now be stricken from the record. If you like his stuff, you're basically saying you hate women and want to kill them.

I don't make the rules.

It was Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys whatsaidit

Hang on, it was Brian Wilson who said it. And he'd know.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sorry, but Phil Spector's history of abusing and in fact murdering women means that all his work must now be stricken from the record. If you like his stuff, you're basically saying you hate women and want to kill them.

I don't make the rules.
    Yes... but that wall of sound...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    It was Brian Wilson of The Beach Boys whatsaidit
    Well I don't think we needed him to say out loud that he loved Spector's production, given that his entire career pretty much represented what might charitably be called an homage to old Phil.

In other words, he ripped him off something rotten.

Yes... but that wall of sound...
    Didn't exist, mate. Never happened. And if you say it did, I'll set Twitter on you.