Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is reg around?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I don't see why it shouldn't be as successful as Rwanda or Tanzania or Zambia, tbh. Not exactly Singapore, of course, but, you know. OK.
    Rwanda would seem an...errr...interesting example of 'success'. You know, what with that unfortunate business where they suddenly upped a killed a million of their own people with big fvck-off knives 25 years ago.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-15-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    TIA, I believe is the phrase
    The old Foreign Office definition of a "functioning African country" used to be one where the former president is not in prison or exile, and the fighting hasn't reached the capital yet.
    Last edited by Burney; 11-15-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Rwanda would seem an...errr...interesting example of 'success'. You know, what with that unfortunate business where they suddenly upped a killed a million of their own people 25 years ago.
    Yes. That would be, you know, 25 years ago

I'd say recovering from a genocidal civil war with associated unofficial cross-border with Burundi to become stable, safe and far from an economic basket case is pretty much successful, wouldn't you?

Are the nutters in Zanu PF who have turned against their maniac boss as crazy as him or mentaller? That is the question.

Also, who dunnit, the CIA or Putin?
    I think the question should be more "just how mental is his wife that the mentals have to step in to prevent a mental taking over from a mental?"

Yes. That would be, you know, 25 years ago

I'd say recovering from a genocidal civil war with associated unofficial cross-border with Burundi to become stable, safe and far from an economic basket case is pretty much successful, wouldn't you?
    I'd say it's an admirable recovery.

However, I'd say the same about a chap who is seriously injured and gradually returns to some semblance of normality. Very admirable, but doesn't alter the fact that he is still a bit fvcked up.

I'd say it's an admirable recovery.

However, I'd say the same about a chap who is seriously injured and gradually returns to some semblance of normality. Very admirable, but doesn't alter the fact that he is still a bit fvcked up.
    Right. Given, though, that we were discussing Africa, would you say that Rwanda is more, or less, successful than Zimbabwe?

Right. Given, though, that we were discussing Africa, would you say that Rwanda is more, or less, successful than Zimbabwe?
    Oh, more successful. However, given their form for suddenly descending into inter-ethnic genocidal madness within the last quarter century, I think some circumspection is valid when using the term 'OK' to describe the place.

After all, we still don't trust Germany, do we? And they've hardly murdered a Jew for a good 70-odd years.

Oh, more successful. However, given their form for suddenly descending into inter-ethnic genocidal madness within the last quarter century, I think some circumspection is valid when using the term 'OK' to describe the place.

After all, we still don't trust Germany, do we? And they've hardly murdered a Jew for a good 70-odd years.
    No one mentioned trust. We were discussing success. I don't trust Germany, but I don't deny that it is a successful nation.

No one mentioned trust. We were discussing success. I don't trust Germany, but I don't deny that it is a successful nation.
    IAHYK

Though tbf half the time, this place gives you the idea that it couldn't find its arse with both hands, so the "economic miracle" is quite an apt description for what happened - possibly not in the way it was meant

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    IAHYK

Though tbf half the time, this place gives you the idea that it couldn't find its arse with both hands, so the "economic miracle" is quite an apt description for what happened - possibly not in the way it was meant
    You know in your heart that they'd get tore into Poland again at the drop of a hat, la. They can't help it; they are a warrior race, just like us. The only difference is that they're evil warriors and we're the good srot.