Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70

Thread: I want to download a classic album onto my phone through Spotify

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Trout Mask Replica. You must download Trout Mask replica.
    I borrowed this from a friend in school who was into his King Crimson and the Grateful Dead and what not.Was hardly on the turntable for 5 minutes when my dear old mum threatened to call the priest.

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    No, that's Burney you're thinking of there.

    But seriously, did people really like the music? Not the whole effect, I got that too. But the music itself, of itself, on its own.

    People really liked it?
    Arguably the classic of the genre.



    Though difficult to deny the 4 singles from NMTB.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Look, we all retain soft spots for the music of our youth that are impervious to critical reason, don't we? Hence I still love Prince and The Smiths and can even listen to Tears For Fears with a large degree of pleasure (albeit when no-one else is around).

    The one I'm totally over these days is Joy Division. Loved it as an angsty teenager. Think it's unlistenable shte these days.
    There really is a little bit of you that's still 14 years old.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    There really is a little bit of you that's still 14 years old.
    Yeah. To be fair, though, it's the same bit that still likes Tears For Fears.

  5. #55
    Senior Member IUFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Mobius
    Posts
    5,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yeah. To be fair, though, it's the same bit that still likes Tears For Fears.
    here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09bcns2 put that on and listen to some of the vocals.

    That'll end your admiration of them.

    No need for thanks.
    Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I borrowed this from a friend in school who was into his King Crimson and the Grateful Dead and what not.Was hardly on the turntable for 5 minutes when my dear old mum threatened to call the priest.
    Listen to it now, c. Listen to it 6 or 7 times. It's... intriguing.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Stop trying to do this to people, you fiend!

    Oh, hang on. It's WES, isn't it? He deserves Trout Mask Replica.

    Carry on.
    It's good, b. It's sort of interesting, like watching a car crash.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Listen to it now, c. Listen to it 6 or 7 times. It's... intriguing.
    Oh I'm far too old now.Catskill/Appalachian mountain hillybilly music will see me through to the twilight years SC

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    here http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09bcns2 put that on and listen to some of the vocals.

    That'll end your admiration of them.

    No need for thanks.
    Oh, God! They're so old!

    As for the lyrics, you have to remember that they wrote an album that was about Primal Scream Therapy and I still liked them. Listening to it now is hardly likely to change anything, is it?

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Listen to it now, c. Listen to it 6 or 7 times. It's... intriguing.
    It's the musical equivalent of what Olivier does to Hoffman in Marathon Man.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •