Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I want to download a classic album onto my phone through Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    But like the other really really good punk-era band i just mentioned, they had both been doing their own thing for years, and just sped up what they were playing when punk came along.

Of course it depends what punk is defined as. For some it was posturing with safety pins, for others others playing at 100pmh. For me it was an energetic rebellion expressed through music.
    I have a Ramones greatest hits album A
    26 minutes long

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Yeah but the music was a bit sh1t and the rebellion seemed to end with most of them sat in a dark room with a needle in their arms.
    Actually, no. It was a revolution that shaped what happened afterwards. As for your opinion as to what is shít, you continuously demonstrate that you live in a binary word where personal taste and subjectivity have no meaning, so ner.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Well,you could have mentioned Weller's monkey boots on the sleeve of AMC for a start.
    Monkey boots :sigh:
    Do you know, I've never really been sure why they're called monkey boots.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Monkey boots :sigh:
    I spent most of the 80s wearing monkey boots, ISTR.

Actually, no. It was a revolution that shaped what happened afterwards. As for your opinion as to what is shít, you continuously demonstrate that you live in a binary word where personal taste and subjectivity have no meaning, so ner.
    Look, we all retain soft spots for the music of our youth that are impervious to critical reason, don't we? Hence I still love Prince and The Smiths and can even listen to Tears For Fears with a large degree of pleasure (albeit when no-one else is around).

The one I'm totally over these days is Joy Division. Loved it as an angsty teenager. Think it's unlistenable shďte these days.

No, that's Burney you're thinking of there.

But seriously, did people really like the music? Not the whole effect, I got that too. But the music itself, of itself, on its own.

People really liked it?

Something with hardly a single song that falls into the 'filler' category so that I can listen to all of it comfortably.

Suggestions please.
    Oh and not forgetting:
    The Band - music From The Big Pink and
    Bob Dylan's Desire (which is far superior to Blood On The Tracks as Emmylou is on it.FACT)

Something with hardly a single song that falls into the 'filler' category so that I can listen to all of it comfortably.

Suggestions please.
    Trout Mask Replica. You must download Trout Mask replica.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Trout Mask Replica. You must download Trout Mask replica.
    Stop trying to do this to people, you fiend!

Oh, hang on. It's WES, isn't it? He deserves Trout Mask Replica.

Carry on.

I spent most of the 80s wearing monkey boots, ISTR.
    Very popular again as it goes.