Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Reduced drinking update

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Birds last longer, though. Plus she's 11 years behind. So basically I'd be asking her to kill herself 20 years before she's due to go. Which seems a lot to ask.
    Mate, if you were Hindoos back in the day, she'd be expected to chuck herself on your pyre. By contrast, asking her to pile into the booze, fags and drugs seems pretty reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    gpwm b. It would only be fair
    I am nothing if not fair-minded, la.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, I don't doubt that. It's just not wanting to that's the problem.
    FFS my auld fella was lying in hospital after a stroke,half of him looking like a deflated balloon and he still wanted me to smuggle in his half bottle

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    FFS my auld fella was lying in hospital after a stroke,half of him looking like a deflated balloon and he still wanted me to smuggle in his half bottle
    Well if you were in that state, c, wouldn't you rather be pïssed?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well if you were in that state, c, wouldn't you rather be pïssed?
    Oh most def b
    Me ma slapped the ears of me for taking him down for a puff of my cig

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I would disagree with your contention. Alcohol should be enjoyed on multiple levels; not only the steam in and get trolleyed situation, but the gentle enjoyment of a few pints or glasses over several hours. As an example, I take my son to the pub at 12pm every Sunday (training, I refer to it as), he has two pints of coke, I have 2-3 pints of ale and we share a large plate of chips. Upon returning to Chez WES, I have no desire for more alcohol. I kip on the couch, a book in front of the fire in the kitchen, either of these nicely finish off the experience.

You, as I recall, have Irish blood, however.
    Not you as well ffs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not you as well ffs!!!
    ffs indeed...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I rather enjoy the element of self-discipline, to be honest.
    Have you considered becoming a monk, Sir C? A life completely devoid of sin. There are some stunning monasteries in Sri Lanka that I know of. Or perhaps one in Belgium where you could while away your days making beer in order to raise money for your clan.

I think it'd suit you.