Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduced drinking update

Reduced drinking update

I’ve moved on - no booze now on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, and no more than half a bottle on Friday and Sunday.

I imagined that after several weeks of this regime I would be feeling healthier, sharper and happier, and that I would have lost weight. The result of all this self denial is... nothing. Nothing at all, except a general sense of misery with occasional bouts of sheer desperation.

Life is awful. Does anyone have a number for the Samaritans?

My advice to anyone considering reducing their alcohol intake is don’t do it. Stay on the grog. Go harder if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I’ve moved on - no booze now on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, and no more than half a bottle on Friday and Sunday.

I imagined that after several weeks of this regime I would be feeling healthier, sharper and happier, and that I would have lost weight. The result of all this self denial is... nothing. Nothing at all, except a general sense of misery with occasional bouts of sheer desperation.

My advice to anyone considering reducing their alcohol intake is don’t do it. Stay on the grog. Go harder if you can.
    I told you that you would feel worse as all you have done is deny your body something which it has become accustomed to for 30 years give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I told you that you would feel worse as all you have done is deny your body something which it has become accustomed to for 30 years give or take.

But they told me this something was poisoning my body. I have stopped poisoning my body, surely that should be good?

I'll give it a go. Have to wait until December 1 until I can open one of these for breakfast though

BEERADVENT.jpg

But they told me this something was poisoning my body. I have stopped poisoning my body, surely that should be good?
    It is in essence a drug, albeit a very legal and money spinning drug for HMRC or whatever they are called.

You drank a lot, your body became accustomed to it, reliant almost. Although it was also a barrier it aided your sleep and relaxation, now it is absent and your body craves it.

Your abstinence is no doubt better than your excessive drinking, but to try and reverse 30 years of wilful abuse by 2-3 weeks of drinking less is but a small step.

I would expect in a few months your sleep will improve, though if you keep on the fags you will be lucky to see us win the League next May.

In summary, and I pull no punches, it is not looking good. Make sure your will is up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'll give it a go. Have to wait until December 1 until I can open one of these for breakfast though

BEERADVENT.jpg
    It's fallen over LA, an indication of how strong it is?
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

I don’t wish to be unkind, but what on earth did you expect?

You didn’t actually believe all those frauds who tell you their lives are better since stopping drinking, did you? Did you never see the haunted look in their eyes?

I’m pretty certain life is simply too awful to be faced without a glass in one’s hand.

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    It's fallen over LA, an indication of how strong it is?
    I was lying down when I took the pic, b - there's 25 different beers in there. Probably one or two strong ones

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was lying down when I took the pic, b - there's 25 different beers in there. Probably one or two strong ones
    I’m currently ‘brewing’ something in a bucket in my utility room, la. It contains rhubarb and apples from my allotment with some sugar and yeast. I’ve literally no idea what it’ll be like. Foul, probably. It’s quite pink, though.

I may send a semi-John to Sir C for Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’m currently ‘brewing’ something in a bucket in my utility room, la. It contains rhubarb and apples from my allotment with some sugar and yeast. I’ve literally no idea what it’ll be like. Foul, probably. It’s quite pink, though.

I may send a semi-John to Sir C for Christmas.
    Dear Lord - it sounds ... interesting. It might send him over the edge