Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Reduced drinking update

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was lying down when I took the pic, b - there's 25 different beers in there. Probably one or two strong ones
    Sounds good, I'll be stuck with non-alcoholic chocolate
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It is in essence a drug, albeit a very legal and money spinning drug for HMRC or whatever they are called.

You drank a lot, your body became accustomed to it, reliant almost. Although it was also a barrier it aided your sleep and relaxation, now it is absent and your body craves it.

Your abstinence is no doubt better than your excessive drinking, but to try and reverse 30 years of wilful abuse by 2-3 weeks of drinking less is but a small step.

I would expect in a few months your sleep will improve, though if you keep on the fags you will be lucky to see us win the League next May.

In summary, and I pull no punches, it is not looking good. Make sure your will is up to date.
    I haven't touched a cigarette in 7 weeks, actually. I've got years in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’m currently ‘brewing’ something in a bucket in my utility room, la. It contains rhubarb and apples from my allotment with some sugar and yeast. I’ve literally no idea what it’ll be like. Foul, probably. It’s quite pink, though.

I may send a semi-John to Sir C for Christmas.
    I wish you much pleasure from your rhubarb-based hooch, b. I, however, could not contemplate touching such stuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I wish you much pleasure from your rhubarb-based hooch, b. I, however, could not contemplate touching such stuffs.
    I think it could be a triumph. I could mix it with hard liquor and make cocktails.

Either way, i’m going to have to drink the bloody stuff one way or another now i’ve annoyed the wife by leaving a bucket of frothing madness on top of the tumble dryer for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think it could be a triumph. I could mix it with hard liquor and make cocktails.

Either way, i’m going to have to drink the bloody stuff one way or another now i’ve annoyed the wife by leaving a bucket of frothing madness on top of the tumble dryer for a week.
    You'll go blind

You'll go blind
    My retinas are detaching anyway. Might as well finish to job imo.

You'll go blind
    This home drew drink will make him masturbate furiously?

Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    This home drew drink will make him masturbate furiously?

Good lord.
    He masturbates furiously already. Did you know that he has a whole shed dedicated to his onanistic activities?

Well if you could stop whining and bellyaching like a child denied its sweets, things might improve.

Instead of thinking only of yourself try and use your new found sobriety to help your fellow man - perhaps those less fortunate than you. Go and do some work in one of those soup kitchens frequented by real alcoholics and folk who have, frequently through no fault of their own, fallen off the edge. Then, you may start to feel better as you acquire a sense of worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Well if you could stop whining and bellyaching like a child denied its sweets, things might improve.

Instead of thinking only of yourself try and use your new found sobriety to help your fellow man - perhaps those less fortunate than you. Go and do some work in one of those soup kitchens frequented by real alcoholics and folk who have, frequently through no fault of their own, fallen off the edge. Then, you may start to feel better as you acquire a sense of worth.
    'Real alcoholics' Is that like 'drug addicts'?

Weak-minded, feckless, attention-seeking wasters, h. Addiction is an excuse for giving up. Or not giving up, as the case may be.