Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gnocchi and chips for lunch.....

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've always wondered at people who order chips with a kebab. How can anyone, having consumed a doner, still feel the need for chips as well?
    I do that
    I can't manage to eat them like I used to though.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    shirley this is what doner meat and chips was invented for.

full doner kebab AND chips is simply madness.
    For me, though, the whole sandwich nature of the doner is essential. Eating a doner should essentially be a race between your appetite and the structural integrity of the increasingly grease-soaked pitta bread.
    I went to a respectable Turkish restaurant that made their own doners and, while the meat was much nicer than your average kebab shop, a pile of it on a plate with rice and pickles and whatnot just isn't as satisfying because it's not a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Maybe Irishony?
    'Eire-ony'?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I do that
    I can't manage to eat them like I used to though.
    Do you eat the chips beforehand, during or after?

Generally, when I've finished a doner, I'm usually is such a state of shame and remorse that I'm pretty much ready to swear off eating altogether.

'Eire-ony'?
    Even better

For me, though, the whole sandwich nature of the doner is essential. Eating a doner should essentially be a race between your appetite and the structural integrity of the increasingly grease-soaked pitta bread.
    I went to a respectable Turkish restaurant that made their own doners and, while the meat was much nicer than your average kebab shop, a pile of it on a plate with rice and pickles and whatnot just isn't as satisfying because it's not a sandwich.
    You could have asked for a loaf of sliced white...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    You could have asked for a loaf of sliced white...
    They brought me some of that Turkish bread with sesame seeds on. It was better, but still wasn't the same.

'Eire-ony'?
    An establishment close to me at home does potatoes on a pizza.

Derek’s €13.50
    Baby Potatoes,Bacon,Garlic, Rosemary, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella (1,2)

It is also quite “normal” for people here to add potatoes to their custom built lunchtime sandwich e.g. ham, cheese, potato salad.

Now when I say normal I clearly mean hugely deviant fúckers probably working in HR or the likes.

Do you eat the chips beforehand, during or after?

Generally, when I've finished a doner, I'm usually is such a state of shame and remorse that I'm pretty much ready to swear off eating altogether.
    It's usually mix, I only put a few now. as if one eats all the chips then you might be full for the kebab.
    If you want to go crazy fill the bread up with chips and kebab meat.

I still think kebabs have changed over years. I can't find the right ones, even the sauces are different.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    An establishment close to me at home does potatoes on a pizza.

Derek’s €13.50
    Baby Potatoes,Bacon,Garlic, Rosemary, Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella (1,2)

It is also quite “normal” for people here to add potatoes to their custom built lunchtime sandwich e.g. ham, cheese, potato salad.

Now when I say normal I clearly mean hugely deviant fúckers probably working in HR or the likes.
    That actually sounds pretty good. If you swapped the mozzarella for reblochon and took out the tomato sauce and put in some sliced onions, you'd basically have a tartiflette pizza.

Good lord. A tartiflette pizza.