Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So I have returned from India with my bowels in full working order

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He favours 'resorts' in the UAE

Point of order though, just because we have an ignorant chav class (including immigrant Canadians) who are as thick as pigshít, describing 'this island' as 'backward' seems harsh.
    Also, I'm not sure that suggesting those whose only refuge from the relentless ghastliness of everyday life is a sort of stoic/ascetic mysticism or children consigned to grinding poverty as exemplars of all that's best about India is exactly convincing me of its merits, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    And your list of more beautiful stations than VT includes? Kipling's dad did the carvings on the inside.

But India is the Indians. Anyone who doesn't get it has no soul. Go and hang out with some sadhus or street kids. **** sight more fun that this backward little island. Can't wait to get back.
    No Irish bars then?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No Irish bars then?
    Talking of which, they're opening a new Crikey O'Reilly's near me, sw. It's called 'The Quiet Man'

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Talking of which, they're opening a new Crikey O'Reilly's near me, sw. It's called 'The Quiet Man'
    Fúck me, I don't think there is even a Quiet Man pub in Cong which at least could be used to fleece half pint caressing Americans.

Fúck me, I don't think there is even a Quiet Man pub in Cong which at least could be used to fleece half pint caressing Americans.
    I was in one in Alicante a few weeks back for the Wales game.Dublin fella owned it.He sat at the bar all night insulting every customer he could,so it felt homely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I was in one in Alicante a few weeks back for the Wales game.Dublin fella owned it.He sat at the bar all night insulting every customer he could,so it felt homely.
    Look at you with your wee bit of winter sun.

Far from winter sun you were reared.

27 degrees in October.wd the credit union

Oh and don't tell Sir C i use a credit union.He thinks they're all communists to a man

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Oh and don't tell Sir C i use a credit union.He thinks they're all communists to a man
    Probably a member of Limerick CU the same man.

Him and his bike stealing relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Also, I'm not sure that suggesting those whose only refuge from the relentless ghastliness of everyday life is a sort of stoic/ascetic mysticism or children consigned to grinding poverty as exemplars of all that's best about India is exactly convincing me of its merits, either.
    Its a pretty ****ing horrible place by most measures. Gut wrenching poverty to the point of starvation set against a backdrop of obscene wealth and the veiled notion that it is all our fault.

WES has been to Bangalore which in my experience is about the best place to visit.