Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
Street shítting is a cultural oddity and is something that the Indian government and vast swathes of the population are actually addressing now. On the other hand I'm not sure we ought to be saying anything about it. If Johnny Indian wants to shít in the street and consider his chakras, who the hell are we to tell him what to do?

None of which is relevant to my point, which is that 'different' does not mean the same as 'wrong. I find these places where things are 'different' interesting. This, apparently, makes me weird.

Could I make you happy by only going on holiday to Magaluf and only eating in English restaurants?
Honour killings, forced marriages and acid attacks are not 'different', nor is sh1tting in the street.

They are all abhorrent practices that you would be the first to condemn if executed by Muslims. But because you do holiday in India and not in Pakistan and Afghanistan you try and justify them.

I think the people are lovely, as I said, but I have precisely zero desire to spend my already limited number of holidays exploring a country that treats women like cattle, is utterly filthy and filled with disease and seems to employ about every third person as a security guard because of the lack of safety.