Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Talking of films, this year's John Lewis ad.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    It's about a monster who abuses a young boy with the use of sleep deprivation torture. A strange choice of theme for a Christmas advert imo. It's basically one stop short of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.
    Quite so; it seemed to me inappropriate for christmas. Then came the ending, which confused me entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Quite so; it seemed to me inappropriate for christmas. Then came the ending, which confused me entirely.
    The purpose of the advert, and indeed most advertising material across all channels, is to provoke conversation, awareness and even on occasion confusion. It is not as is often mistaken to sell a product, perhaps a brand.

In this case the advert has clearly worked as is evidence by the healthy cut and thrust of debate today.

Nobody in Ireland is talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The purpose of the advert, and indeed most advertising material across all channels, is to provoke conversation, awareness and even on occasion confusion. It is not as is often mistaken to sell a product, perhaps a brand.

In this case the advert has clearly worked as is evidence by the healthy cut and thrust of debate today.

Nobody in Ireland is talking about it.
    You don't have John Lewis? This is remarkable.