Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talking of films, this year's John Lewis ad.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You realise that there is a picture of her noonoo available on the internet, of course?

I found this surprising.
    Shame on you. Pevert/sexual predator.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Shame on you. Pevert/sexual predator.
    Have you seen it r? It's quite instructive.

I don't get it. I mean I don't understand the story.
    It's about a monster who abuses a young boy with the use of sleep deprivation torture. A strange choice of theme for a Christmas advert imo. It's basically one stop short of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    It's about a monster who abuses a young boy with the use of sleep deprivation torture. A strange choice of theme for a Christmas advert imo. It's basically one stop short of 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'.
    The boy seems quite happy to be galvanting around his bedroom on the back of Moz, tbh. I lose track of the plot towards the end when Moz leaves a device for the boy under the tree which projects stars onto the ceiling. We then cut to a scene of the boy in bed again, but this time he looks beneath and in Moz's place is a toy police car with flashing lights.

What is the moral of the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Quite so; it seemed to me inappropriate for christmas. Then came the ending, which confused me entirely.

Quite so; it seemed to me inappropriate for christmas. Then came the ending, which confused me entirely.
    The purpose of the advert, and indeed most advertising material across all channels, is to provoke conversation, awareness and even on occasion confusion. It is not as is often mistaken to sell a product, perhaps a brand.

In this case the advert has clearly worked as is evidence by the healthy cut and thrust of debate today.

Nobody in Ireland is talking about it.

I have been on those previewing tv advertising groups where you're asked your opinion and they give you some loot..You'd not believe how stupid the people are that are invited to these things.Oh...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    I have been on those previewing tv advertising groups where you're asked your opinion and they give you some loot..You'd not believe how stupid the people are that are invited to these things.Oh...
    Indeed. Those Halifax building society ads that use Hannah Barbara creations like Top Cat and Scooby Doo.
    I mean, WTF are they all about.
    Staggering that some kyunt got paid a tidy fee for coming up with that total ******* of an ad.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The purpose of the advert, and indeed most advertising material across all channels, is to provoke conversation, awareness and even on occasion confusion. It is not as is often mistaken to sell a product, perhaps a brand.

In this case the advert has clearly worked as is evidence by the healthy cut and thrust of debate today.

Nobody in Ireland is talking about it.
    You don't have John Lewis? This is remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Indeed. Those Halifax building society ads that use Hannah Barbara creations like Top Cat and Scooby Doo.
    I mean, WTF are they all about.
    Staggering that some kyunt got paid a tidy fee for coming up with that total ******* of an ad.
    The fact you know it is for Halifax is what they want... you see Scooby Doo and the Flintstones and your first thought is "they were in the ****ty add for the Halifax" , that is what they want
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar